Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2011, 09:39 PM

74 posts, read 78,863 times

Advertisements

It is indeed tragic that again an animal had to die at the hands of police officials. It was bad enough that some 50 animals were so brutally slaughtered in Ohio by such officials and now this poor deer here in Richmond was murdered on the pretext it had numerous injuries. It seems police brutality has sunk to another low level--taking it out on helpless animals.

If people really cared for and loved animals as they claim they would not so readily put them down. I am quite sure if the deer had been tranquilized and taken to a vet that loved animals as much as he could love people that deer through loving, tender care could have been healed.
When such love is shown to an animal who would be given up on with injuries such as a horse with a broken leg healing can and does take place. Man's readiness to mercy kill animals just simply because he considers them without souls and feelings is inexcusable. It shows what he does to poor, helpless animals he would like to do to humans but by law and tradition he is not allowed.

To me what is being done here is not euthanasia, but outright murder--the deliberate and wanton taking of a life, be it a human or animal as I regard all sentient life including unborn human babies sacred and worth saving.

God made no mistake when He said Thou Shalt Not Kill and it meant that since death was not in His original plan and will not be in His final plan when He comes back again. Therefore, I cannot help but condemn and condemn most strongly what the police did to that poor deer. I will absolutely not accept any reasons trying to justify this dastardly act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 06:37 AM

24 posts, read 80,207 times
Ah, the Editorialist strikes again! The real villains in the Ohio animal tragedy weren't the cops who killed those critters, but the retards who think that keeping Bengal tigers as pets is a good idea in the first place. Shooting animals with tranquilizers isn't as easy as it looks on Animal Planet, and i think that the primary goal of the cops was preventing a bunch of malnourished, wild carnivores from rampaging through suburbia. I agree with you that the whole thing is tragic as hell, but it's the thoughtless, stupid owners that allowed it to happen. If you want a pet, get a cat or a dog or some other animal with a long history of domestication. As far as the deer, I have no idea what you're talking about. You should provide a link to your original data source when you post these things.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:08 PM

871 posts, read 3,020,911 times
I'll bet the deer tasted great after some marinading and hardwood grilling.

Don't forget the rampaging pet monkey in Connecticut that literally ripped the face and hands off of the owner's friend. Once a "wild" animal gets loose, it is a very muscular and aggressive potentially deadly threat and needs to be eliminated. Period.

I will not listen to anyone whose stance differs from mine, on ANY topic! (lol).

Old 10-26-2011, 03:41 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,429,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editorialist View Post
It is indeed tragic that again an animal had to die at the hands of police officials. It was bad enough that some 50 animals were so brutally slaughtered in Ohio by such officials and now this poor deer here in Richmond was murdered on the pretext it had numerous injuries. It seems police brutality has sunk to another low level--taking it out on helpless animals.

If people really cared for and loved animals as they claim they would not so readily put them down. I am quite sure if the deer had been tranquilized and taken to a vet that loved animals as much as he could love people that deer through loving, tender care could have been healed.
When such love is shown to an animal who would be given up on with injuries such as a horse with a broken leg healing can and does take place. Man's readiness to mercy kill animals just simply because he considers them without souls and feelings is inexcusable. It shows what he does to poor, helpless animals he would like to do to humans but by law and tradition he is not allowed.

To me what is being done here is not euthanasia, but outright murder--the deliberate and wanton taking of a life, be it a human or animal as I regard all sentient life including unborn human babies sacred and worth saving.

God made no mistake when He said Thou Shalt Not Kill and it meant that since death was not in His original plan and will not be in His final plan when He comes back again. Therefore, I cannot help but condemn and condemn most strongly what the police did to that poor deer. I will absolutely not accept any reasons trying to justify this dastardly act.
So the deer wasn't hurt? Were you there? Post some links with fact to back up your rant!

Old 10-26-2011, 05:12 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,704,798 times
I think God was judging the deer for "continued acts of abomination against him".

Old 10-31-2011, 10:20 AM

534 posts, read 1,172,709 times
Here's a great idea - if you want your police get into the business of tranquilizing and transporting all wounded/injured animals to a vet, pay for it. Once it gets to the vet, the care is not free, and very few cities/municipalities that I know of these days have a budget for animal care. Nor do their officers have the spare time to deal with this when they have other things to be doing.

And please, let's stop with the "murder" idiocy. You love animals. Fine. But it doesn't help your argument to make yourself look that unrealistic, not to mention clueless about what constitutes "murder" and what doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: