Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2013, 05:20 AM

6 posts, read 8,882 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are relocating for a job, Looking for strong middle/high schools to center our search around. Would also like to be in a rural area in order to have our horses on our property. Heard good things about Chesterfield school district.... Willing to drive within a 30 min radius. Really appreciate any discussion and recommendations!

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 01:14 PM

77 posts, read 133,388 times
Hull Street area will meet you needs, search zip 23120, great HS, which is Cosby and the MS, Tomahawk Creek is fabulous. All the elementary schools in that area are great, Woolridge, Grange Hall and Winterpock.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:35 AM

6 posts, read 8,882 times
Thank you!!! - We'll continue our search. Also on the hunt for short term apartment for my husband. He has to head down the first of December.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:51 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,148,997 times
For the apartment, have him look at River's Bend or Rivermont in Chester. They both offer corporate leases for furnished units. They are also close to I295 which will get him to Prince George fairly quickly.

For land for horses, look at Chesterfield in the area of Pocohantas State Park. That zip code search should be 23832.

Schools in Chesterfield have been great for my children. Lots of opportunities exist for the kids and the teachers and administrators are wonderful! As the spouse of a retired Soldier, there are many moves on my timeline and this was by far the easiest for my kids!

Best of luck and don't hesitate to let the forum know if you have any other question!

Old 11-08-2013, 04:06 PM

689 posts, read 1,615,523 times
There's also an apartment complex in Hampton Park that goes into Tomahawk; it's really nice. In case you need to stay there and enroll your kids. Apartments in Woodlake, as well.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:26 PM

3 posts, read 6,781 times
I grew up in Prince George. Spent most of my school years in PG schools. My parents split up and my mom moved to the city, I went with her and tried out the school there.. absolutely hated it! Spent all of 5 months there then went back to stay with my dad just so I could transfer back into PG schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: