Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2019, 02:30 PM

10 posts, read 9,727 times

Advertisements

Hi! Trying to get a feel for the neighborhoods before we visit. Husband is getting a job that would put him in the Innsbrook area of Glen Allen. We are looking in Glen Allen and Short Pump. Middle son has cerebral palsy, so we have to have a bedroom and bath on the first floor for him-we currently have a ranch which we love..but not a lot of those in VA However, we are considering building in order to accommodate his needs. We also have a senior and a kindergartner. So...here is the question-most of the new neighborhoods seem to be right by the freeway or in a more undesirable location! Is google map playing tricks on my depth perception, or is this the case? Bacova seems like they have clear cut the trees and it is right by the freeway, but otherwise seems nice? Hard to get a feel over the internet The areas they are building in Wyndham are in the far northern corner and seem to be next to some sort of junk yard or something. Wondering if I'm missing anything? I'm looking for the "feel" of each neighborhood-something i can't get by just calling a realtor up (which we will be doing as soon as the official offer is in!)

Here is what we are looking for:

3000-4000 sf home
price: under 750k (would like it under 700k if possible)
neighborhood amenities (pool, trails, tennis courts)
lot big enough we could add a pool if we decide we want/need to (child with CP likes the pool and sometimes this is the easiest option!)

here are the neighborhoods I have looked at:
Bacova-has amenities, seems near major roads and clear cut, some houses do have a 1st floor bedroom option, very few with more than one bedroom option

Wyndham-current new bilds are in upper northwest corner-but neighborhood seems to have lots of what we are looking for

Grey oaks-a few lots into an existing community-seems nice to have a more established community with amenities and still get to get a new home (still seeing what options they have for the downstairs rooms though)

Alden Parke-on the edge of Twin Hickory-can't tell if it's actually part of the neighborhood? And again, seems to be creeping close to a freeway! (295)

Any other new home builders I'm missing?

Thanks so much!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 04:34 PM

485 posts, read 690,002 times
HHhunt developer does pretty good with their communities

https://www.hhhuntcommunities.com/ne...-virginia.html

I like my builder who works across Richmond Homeplaces Ltd. | Richmond, VA | Artisan craftsmanship. Architectural distinction. But looks like he is south of james developments.

When we were looking at homes I found some of https://stylecrafthomes.com/ houses to be unique and they build in west end. Also in my community I have looked at some of https://www.eagleofva.com/ and they seem to do pretty good work.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:25 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Your shopping at a price point that will allow you to pretty much pick whatever appeals to you, good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: