Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2021, 12:12 PM

5 posts, read 5,396 times

Advertisements

What would be a comparison between Magnolia Green and Harper's Mill (I believe in Chesterfield).
Especially in the 55+ section. We are looking to relocate from NJ to be closer to family.
Is there a lot of traffic in both area?
Any info would be helpful.
Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2021, 07:41 PM

485 posts, read 690,236 times
I guess the big difference being Magnolia Green has the golf and clubhouse restaurant (the golf club though is public so your welcome to use golf facilities and restaurant even if you live in another neighborhood).

They are both pretty far out on US 360 just past where traffic gets bad. You will find a lot of traffic as you head into toward Richmond from a few miles closer in until you hit US 288.

You have good schools and good communities there.

Your almost about 40 minutes in to Richmond city center from there. When I say traffic - its pretty busy road but overall the delays aren't horrible. You are just in one of the furthest out suburban neighborhoods - so its to me dependent on how often you see yourself needing to really go into the city (or Midlothian / Shortpump which again are 40+ minutes out. I haven't seen when/if they are going to start on the powhite toll road extenstion that is supposed to go all the way there - if/when that happens it will alleviate a lot of the US 360 traffic (but at rate going thats probably a decade away).

I know a lot of people that love it out there. You get a lot for your money and more amenities compared to what you get closer in.

Old 05-21-2021, 06:30 AM

5 posts, read 5,396 times
That is really helpful. Thank you So much for the information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond