Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 3,436 times

Advertisements

I second China Star. My family goes there all the time - it looks like a hole in the wall but the food is authentic and really good. Make sure you get the Chinese menu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 07:25 PM

42 posts, read 115,656 times
I think the Peking Restaurant in Mechanicsville is far better than the one downtown; the food tastes fresher and is consistently tasty. Still Americanized Chinese, though.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:20 AM

1,292 posts, read 4,704,988 times
Not trying to get off topic but whats a god place for Japanese food also?

Old 06-01-2009, 11:26 AM

931 posts, read 3,803,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaverick804 View Post
Not trying to get off topic but whats a god place for Japanese food also?
IMO, the best is Umi Bistro near the Short Pump Mall. The owners are Japanese and Taiwanese and they are very friendly and care about the ingredients in their food. I have spoken with them several times. I have been their numerous time and everything is always really fresh. I recommend the spider roll, miso soup and the sweet potato had wraps. They use to own Ichiban in the W. End on Ridgefield Parkway, but they sold it to the owner's sister. I think Umi is better though. Ichiban has a really good pork/rice bowl. I can't remember the name of it though.

Also check out Richmond's best Vietnamese restaurant - Pho So1

Old 10-14-2009, 07:20 PM

10 posts, read 23,047 times
Wants real Chinese food? you should come to my house and I'll Chinese food or other asian food that you would never have before.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:17 AM

1,250 posts, read 4,785,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizou2323 View Post
Wants real Chinese food? you should come to my house and I'll Chinese food or other asian food that you would never have before.
Is that an invitation?
Welcome to the City-Data forums.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:11 AM

71 posts, read 363,460 times
Chen's in Short Pump by far the best in the area. Nice restaurant setting, great fresh food.

Peking (downtown) I've gone to several times---at night when everything in Richmond is close or about to close on the weekends---they are always OPEN. I've gon late at night and the food is prepared fresh, and the servers are polite.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:36 AM

370 posts, read 1,010,393 times
Haha you crack me up ebonediva... I'm going to start posting restaurant reviews for Fairfax and make sure I mention how the food is ok considering everything in NOVA is a chain and that you have to remember you'll be stuck in traffic for 2 hours after eating. I don't know what downtown you've visited or what time you consider normal dining hours but I've never had problems getting food late and even if you don't get a full menu most places serve until 2am.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:25 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
If its authentic non-americanized, I'm in.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:24 PM

22 posts, read 122,370 times
Mechanicsville:

Red Asian Bistro in Mechanicsville... amazing that they cook their entrees with real white chicken meat, and make it taste like unhealthy dark meat!

Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Also, the Japanese place in VCC mall is suprisingly good, albeit it is run by two Hispanic guys and a Greek.

Short Pump:

Golden Sampan (sp?) on Ridgefield is where I grew up eating...

West End:

Forget the name of it, but it's in the Patterson Rd Shopping center with the Arby's, Mc D's, Burger King...

Downtown:

If you feel like spending money for Hibatchi style, Kobe in the slip is amazing.

If you just want General Tsou's chicken, Joy Garden has the best I have ordered right at Boulevard and Broad.

TOPPS:

Agreed on Topps, I work near one and have only made that mistake once!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond