Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 06:06 PM
j1n

1,245 posts, read 4,651,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob540_squad View Post
i seen old white lady shooting up heroin outside broad daylight two weeks ago
where did you see this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 11:00 AM

73 posts, read 123,371 times
I used to pass through Roanoke for work. It's an ok , medium sized town / small city. Not that great, not that bad either.

I think the stats are confusing because if you break down "Violent Crimes" it could mean two very different things. For a place called Roanoke, every fist fight is written up as a violent crime, where as in the slum of VA Beach or DC violent crime would probably focused more on murders, muggings, rapes etc.

If you take the overall violent crime stat of London, and you do not break out what it means, you can make it look worse than NYC or LA, but in reality one place that means murder, the other it means a clubbing or a fist fight.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchful View Post
Sending you a direct message off the board!
Hi Can you please send me this information also. I am also from Michigan and i am looking to possibly relocate to Roanoke.

I am very concerned about the REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER stats that I am seeing about Roanoke. Can anyone give me more information. I have a daughter that will be in middle school and I am just leery about moving her to an environment where there are so many offenders.

According to our research of Virginia and other state lists there were 384 registered sex offenders living in Roanoke, Virginia as of February 26, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Roanoke to the number of sex offenders is 254 to 1.

Read more: //www.city-data.com/crime/crime...#ixzz3SrQD96Jm

Old 02-26-2015, 11:06 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,110,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relocating in June View Post
Hi Can you please send me this information also. I am also from Michigan and i am looking to possibly relocate to Roanoke.

I am very concerned about the REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER stats that I am seeing about Roanoke. Can anyone give me more information. I have a daughter that will be in middle school and I am just leery about moving her to an environment where there are so many offenders.

According to our research of Virginia and other state lists there were 384 registered sex offenders living in Roanoke, Virginia as of February 26, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Roanoke to the number of sex offenders is 254 to 1.

They're largely clustered in Southeast, which you wouldn't want to live in anyway.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:00 PM

363 posts, read 555,684 times
Never hear anything about sex offenders in roanoke. they are there like anywhere but there is nothing to worry about.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:35 PM
j1n

1,245 posts, read 4,651,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
They're largely clustered in Southeast, which you wouldn't want to live in anyway.
there are nice areas of SE

Old 02-28-2015, 07:46 PM

749 posts, read 918,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relocating in June View Post

I was under the impression that Florida had all the sex offenders, since the last time I checked....

Old 03-01-2015, 11:52 PM

15 posts, read 17,248 times
So sad to hear about the crime in Roanoke, moved away over 12 years ago and was sad to leave at the time. Happy to not go back anymore, sad, sad times.

Old 03-02-2015, 04:00 AM

363 posts, read 555,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof423 View Post
So sad to hear about the crime in Roanoke, moved away over 12 years ago and was sad to leave at the time. Happy to not go back anymore, sad, sad times.
Crime is better now then it was 10 to 15 years ago. Much better actually.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:46 AM

137 posts, read 217,772 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area