Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2020, 08:49 AM

7 posts, read 2,943 times

Advertisements

This is a Roanoke , Va post my husband is disabled and I have a 26 year old special needs daughter hubby s other sister writes the rent check I now wish everyday I had of not made him head of household causing me to lose my Section 8 voucher.

Last month on January 24th a letter was stuck in our door saying this was a 24 hour notice and had 24 hours meaning next day to contact them or eviction proceddings would start well she went and took care of it later that afternoon she came hubby went out and she had him sign some paper well the second letter was stuck in our neighbors mailbox by mistake he brought it up yesterday.

I got nervous when I saw it open a letter saying quit or pay $379.00 was owed I was on fire and when hubby got up from his nap told him he was like I paid my rent they are making the mistake I said well somebody needs to get fired somebody best get it straight he calls sister.

I always have to speak to her I cannot stand her what s going on with the rent with no concern what the letter said she did come this morning and got it my husband is very intimidated of her and believes everything she says is right.

I wont to move out with my daughter and do have a list of places looked online some yesterday this is to much stress and worry I cannot drive so getting around is not easy my daughter attends a day support program 5 days a week but her van has various times it picks her up and drops her off someone has to see her off the van.

I m getting really worried I always paid my rent when I was paying it no eviction notices that witch along with hubby not speaking up caused us from moving into a 3 bedroom house last September and before anybody says anything me I told her I did not appreciate what she did concerning the house she goes I was mad at wrong person talk to hubby oh please.

I do have family its just me and my oldest foster sister our parents have passed away all replies ASAP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
View detailed profiles of: