Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2009, 02:07 PM

219 posts, read 879,476 times

Advertisements

Whats a better date night theater? Grandin or the one at valley view mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 03:45 PM

55 posts, read 265,751 times
The Grandin is a much nicer theatre & more secluded & private than the Valley View :-) I would imagine you would have fun at either but the Grandin offers a more unique atmosphere!

Have Fun Regardless!!!

Old 02-14-2009, 06:48 PM

1,250 posts, read 4,795,622 times
Grandin would be MUCH better for a date.

At Valley View you're going to get a much better (or..wider, at least) selection of movies and dining, but I imagine it will be pretty congested over there and it the overall atmosphere is far from "romantic"

Old 02-15-2009, 07:27 AM

1,341 posts, read 6,200,276 times
I'd vote for Grandin over Valley View. I hate getting into and out of Valley View.

Personally, my favorite is the Carmike behind the Tanglewood Mall. It's easy to get into, and they have top of the line Toshiba DLP projectors. You've got plenty of area restaurant choices.

Someday it would be neat to see a Grandin style theater built downtown! That would be the ultimate movie date night venue because you could walk to tons of restaurants, etc.

Sean

Old 02-15-2009, 11:21 AM

1,250 posts, read 4,795,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpecor View Post
I'd vote for Grandin over Valley View. I hate getting into and out of Valley View.

Personally, my favorite is the Carmike behind the Tanglewood Mall. It's easy to get into, and they have top of the line Toshiba DLP projectors. You've got plenty of area restaurant choices.

Someday it would be neat to see a Grandin style theater built downtown! That would be the ultimate movie date night venue because you could walk to tons of restaurants, etc.

Sean
Yeah a Grandin syle theater downtown would be perfect. Im surprised it hasn't been done yet. Im sure they would get plenty of business.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:39 PM

1,341 posts, read 6,200,276 times
If I had the bank to do it, I'd buy the City Market building, redevelop the upper floor into a state of the art 3 or 4 screen movie theater, and totally remodel the eatery area to modernize without sacrificing the historical importance of the building itself. The city market eateries would benefit immensely from this arrangement. Downtown wouldn't have a competing theater for decades so it would be a sensible development investment. You could even build out the theater's upper level without interrupting the eateries.

Sean

Old 02-19-2009, 05:57 PM

192 posts, read 633,053 times
We used to have splendid theaters downtown - of course they were torn down. Check out the info on the American theater, the Jefferson was not the grand lady the American was - but still nice, saw my first Elvis movie at the Jefferson - Jail House Rock. Thank goodness the Grandin has survived - what a great date night - and perhaps incorporate one the restaurants, even for after movie dessert. Hop you have fun!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area