Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 04:07 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,716,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
I'm surprised to hear that the St. Paul area is safe!

A few years ago, a friend of mine was delivering a package there and witnessed a shooting. She ran into the office where she was deliverng the package and alerted the receptionist that someone had been shot. The receptionist replied: "Big deal. Happens all the time around here."

Better to check actual crime stats and talk to police officers familiar with the area. Also check the local paper: democratandchronicle.com | Democrat and Chronicle | Rochester news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Rochester, New York and search their archives for crime stories.

The Park Ave area would be a much better choice!
Was it the St Paul quarter or St Paul street? The two areas are night and day. The St Paul quarter is a part of downtown. St Paul street area is a part of a high crime area in the northeast part of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 02:36 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,095,324 times
I lived for four decades in Rochester and never heard the term "St. Paul Quarter." Where is it?

Yes, it was St. Paul St. where shootings were commonplace.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:24 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,324,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
I lived for four decades in Rochester and never heard the term "St. Paul Quarter." Where is it?
It's one of the "Downtown districts." I'm assuming it's a relatively new thing. Check out this website for more information.

RochesterDowntown.com // Interactive Map

Old 11-05-2010, 09:56 PM

127 posts, read 324,421 times
I think where I live is qualified as St. Paul quarter and I really like it here. Honestly I travel a lot and I am barely here but I think so far its been very safe and everything is in walkin distance, even Park Ave, I go to a church (when I'm in town) on East ave and I walk to it with no inconvinient at all (when the weather wasn't a bi@ch lol). But really since the weather is crazy cold I also wouldn't worry about how far or close things are because if ou you're like me you'll be driving to stay warm lol I also have a garage and the Loft I live is just plain beautiful I wish I could take it back to FL when I get to go back... as far as safety I am always walkin around with a carry on or luggage on the street at different hrs and so far, i haven't even got weird looks lol hope this helps.

I also looked for apts in Park ave and they are way too old for my taste.. here everything has more of a new non dirty carpet or big loft floors feeling like mine. you will not find that in the park ave area...

Old 11-06-2010, 04:10 PM

200 posts, read 604,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolFL2NY View Post
I also looked for apts in Park ave and they are way too old for my taste.. here everything has more of a new non dirty carpet or big loft floors feeling like mine. you will not find that in the park ave area...
That's a great point - there is nothing like what you find in SPQ loftwise in the Park ave neighborhood, and the prices are amazing. Park ave is mostly converted single family homes from the 20's and 30's, while most of the SPQ lofts have been built or remodeled in the last ten years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area