Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 12:52 PM

21 posts, read 36,619 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

We're moving to Rochester (Pittsford) this summer and I'd love some recommendations/who to avoid for the following:

1. Pediatricians
2. Family Dentist/Pediatric Dentist and Adult Dentist
3. Eye Doctor
4. Ob/Gyn
5. Pulmonary (Asthma Management) Doctor
6. Hair Salon and Barber

Thank you in advance for your tips!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 09:00 PM

259 posts, read 798,160 times
Hello!

I am not in Rochester anymore, lived there 39 years (as an adult) and moved south 5 years ago. BUT I can tell you who we miss terribly!

Dentist: Dr. Jan Piper Glasgow, Pittsford. Used to go to her Dad but we switched to her before her Dad retired. She is excellent!

Eye doctor: Dr. Alan Gruber, Brighton. Used to go to his Dad (hmm... a pattern is emerging!) but he is much better!!

Ob/Gyn: Dr. Elizabeth Warner, Rochester... near Strong Hospital. She was fabulous, but she may have left the area by now. She talked about moving south when her twins graduated.

You can not miss with any of the above. We really miss them and their practices are well respected in the area.

Good luck with your move.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:38 AM

6 posts, read 10,535 times
Pediatrician: I would highly recommend Dr. Edward Lewis. He runs a very small practice and is very attentive. He is also part of pingmd.com which allows you to upload photos or videos of your child and he will provide a report. It's an incredibly useful service if you have small children who happen to develop ailments at the most inconvenient times. If it looks like a more serious issue, Dr. Lewis will usually tell us to come on in. I would even pay for the service, but Dr. Lewis offers it free of charge as a convenience to his patients.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:59 AM

21 posts, read 36,619 times
Thank you for the recommendations! We're looking forward to getting settled in and this info really helps.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:09 PM

2 posts, read 2,660 times
1. Pediatricians--Elmwood pediatrics is a great practice: Elmwood Pediatrics - Rochester - Pittsford - New York | Well Child Visits - Adolescent Care - Lab Services - Mental Health - ADHD

2. Family Dentist/Pediatric Dentist and Adult Dentist: Adult dentist, we love Neil Goldstein, he & his wife Patty, run the small practice. You will love their dog, Sophie, a Weimeraner, behind the desk! 30 Office Parkway, Pittsford 14535 (585) 348-9132

3. Eye Doctor--we use one on the west side of town because he takes his time with every patient, makes sure he answers questions & does all the testing himself: Optometrist, Rochester NY | Time Worth Seeing
4. Ob/Gyn
5. Pulmonary (Asthma Management) Doctor: We have seen Dr. Hartel at AAIR: AAIR - Allergy Asthma Immunology of Rochester
6. Hair Salon and Barber: depends on what you are looking for, I don't know about Barbers, we all use 1 salon on the west side of Rochester for years. pay $90/year for men's haircuts as my guys keep theirs super-short. They can go as many times as they want for a year at that price. I go to the owner & have for about 12 years. Hair Court "his n hers"

Good luck with your move.

Hope you already know about: Kids Events and Resources | Kids Out and About.com (Rochester)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area