Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 04:53 PM

244 posts, read 417,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
These newest unfounded and utterly inaccurate claims prompted me to a little research. Looking back on the month of May's weather so far for this year from weather.com....

For Rochester...the lowest high temperature has been 58, recorded on both the 1st and 10th of the month. The next lowest high temperature was 63, recorded on the 5th. After that, every day has been at least in the mid 60s, with the high temperatures exceeding 70 degrees for 6 days including one day, the 3rd of May, with a high temp of 84.

Monthly Weather Forecast for Rochester, NY - weather.com

For low temperatures....the lowest it has been is 38 degrees (admittedly cold for this time of the year) observed on the 6th. And they have mostly been in the 50's for the rest of the days. Keep in mind, low temperatures take place usually around 3-4 am and it warms up soon after the sun rises. So yes, it has been chilly when we are all snug in our beds...but generally May has been a very pleasant and warm month for the times of day when most people are out and about.

Now lets take a look at Anchorage, AK (btw currently as I'm writing this, it is 50 degrees in Anchorage and 73 degrees here in "Siberian" Rochester)

Monthly Weather Forecast for Anchorage, AK - weather.com

For the month of May 2012...the WARMEST it has gotten is 54 degrees, on the 8th (that is 4 degrees lower than the lowest high temperature Rochester has had and about the same as the average low temp Rochester has had for the month of May so far). Including today, Anchorage has only made it above 50 degrees on 4 days so far this month; the 6th, 8th, 9th, and today.

For low temps, the low temperature in Anchorage has been in the 20s or 30s every single day in May except for the 7th and the 9th where the lows were 41 and 42 respectively.

I realize all of this was pointless as everyone with half a brain who reads this could easily see that the OP has no idea what he's talking about...but it's interesting to see just HOW wrong his "point" actually was.
I said the low temperature Anchorage Alaska was the same as the low temperature in Rochester which was correct. In addition I noticed how you have not looked at any statistics for Minneapolis Minnesota because you know it will prove that it is colder here right now than Minneapolis Minnesota

Old 05-16-2012, 05:03 PM

45 posts, read 80,397 times
These are all the people in denial. Face it people and look at a map. You're in the north section of the country. Youre going to be one of the coldest climates.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:45 PM

45 posts, read 80,397 times
I thought we were talking averages. Ok here is one with syracuse. Top 101 cites out of how many are there in the us (maybe 20000?)

Old 05-16-2012, 06:25 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crustyanus View Post
I thought we were talking averages. Ok here is one with syracuse. Top 101 cites out of how many are there in the us (maybe 20000?)
Here's what????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area