Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 07:58 PM

76 posts, read 210,502 times

Advertisements

Where do teens tend to hang-out in Brighton and/or Pittsford?

To be specific:

In Brighton, do they hang-out at the chains at Twelve Corners (Starbucks, Panera Bread)?

In Pittsford, do they hang-out at Starbucks or the pizza and yogurt shops in the village?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 10:24 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,880,883 times
They typically hang out in their parents McMansions doing lines of coke and bowl after bowl of the sticky icky.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
They typically hang out in their parents McMansions doing lines of coke and bowl after bowl of the sticky icky.
Hopefully you're more than half-joking, but your post raises the question of whether drug use differs much across these districts. Does it?

Old 07-05-2012, 07:07 PM

192 posts, read 530,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rongoe View Post
Hopefully you're more than half-joking, but your post raises the question of whether drug use differs much across these districts. Does it?
hes jokeing, and what did you mean by does drug use differ?

Old 07-05-2012, 07:48 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,324,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rongoe View Post
Lol. Marijuana is widely used in Monroe County. In fact, Rochester is one of the biggest "weed cities" on the entire east coast, at least from what I've dealt with.

As far as public places that teens hang out at, there really isn't too much to do in Pittsford, although Brighton does have a few more options. Many teens chose to loiter outside of businesses (such as the ones you named) and engage in activities they take part in. An example might be skateboarding in public plazas or parks. Others may chose to hang out together in private homes. I think that is anywhere though. Why do you ask?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:01 AM

Corrion: by "drug use differ" I was referring to one district possibly having higher drug use than another.

585WNY: better marijuana than meth. Hopefully, the kids rarely take it to the next level and are moderate in their use (though I'm sure some aren't). I ask because we're deciding between a home in brighton and 2 in pittsford and have 4 kids.

thanks for the reply posts. City-data members tend to have good info and that's what we need to help make our decision.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:38 PM

Overtaxed likes to joke around a lot on here so I would take what he has to say with or grain of salt (or just disregard it completely). I remember one time someone asked about neighborhood advice and he replied with one of the most blighted areas in the city.

As far as drug use goes neither Pittsford or Brighton are high drug areas (nor are any of the other towns or the good areas of the city for that matter). With that said some teenagers are going to experiment, with marijuana, or alcohol, no matter where they are. Both Pittsford and Brighton have near perfect graduation rates; so drug use is not a major problems in either town. BTW: drugs like meth and cocaine are almost unheard of, so don’t lose any sleep over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 585WNY View Post
Lol. Marijuana is widely used in Monroe County. In fact, Rochester is one of the biggest "weed cities" on the entire east coast, at least from what I've dealt with.
Really? That’s interesting I know that marijuana is pretty widely used all over the US, but I wouldn’t say that Rochester is the Weed capital or anything like that.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:48 PM

Thanks Corrion for the comforting info. With high wealth areas, like Pittsford, drug use often exceeds merely experimenting with alcohol and marijuana.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:26 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,880,883 times
Exactly Rongoe, and to believe that the wealthy snobby brats who grow up on the east side don't experiment with the big boy drugs just because there's a high graduation rate goes to show just how ignorant and out of touch most of the people on this forum are.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:06 PM

I think the OP’s concern was if they were unknowingly moving in to an area that was saturated with drugs and youths who have no other ambition then to get high all day. Are there teens who experiment with drugs in Pittsford? Absolutely, but they are the exception rather than the norm.

Also the fact that Pittsford has a near perfect graduation rate indicates good parenting; a key factor in keeping kids away from drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area