Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 05:10 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt357 View Post
lol what does rochester have to do that Charleston dosent have?
Nothing..... Charleston rocks

There is a reason why Charleston has gotten expensive while Rochester is very cheap.... desirability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 05:23 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,715,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Your posts indicate you have probably never even left NY State..... blind homerism is one thing, but a general ignorance of the rest of the world exposes you.....
As I have said in previous posts, I spend a great deal of time working out of state. I have spent the past 5 out of 10 months somewhere else. So once again, you are wrong(along with many of your other postings).
If we are talking about what people's posts read like, yours read like somebody who has not spent any significant time here past his or her schooling. Your only response to people that challenge your posts are ad hominem attacks or flat out ignoring them.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
As I have said in previous posts, I spend a great deal of time working out of state. I have spent the past 5 out of 10 months somewhere else. So once again, you are wrong(along with many of your other postings).
If we are talking about what people's posts read like, yours read like somebody who has not spent any significant time here past his or her schooling. Your only response to people that challenge your posts are ad hominem attacks or flat out ignoring them.
You have never posted any facts, only opinions on how you think Rochester is some kind of progressive world city when in reality, it is a small declining provincial city

Again, your posts show your lack of experience of other places in the nation or you would realize how lame the city is compared to many other cities. You accuse others of as hom attacks.... then do it yourself

Travel some, get educated past GED level, and stop being a hypocrite...... then other people might take you seriously.... its no wonder nobody considers Rochester a viable city to move to, too many close minded people live there who don't know anything about the outside world

Old 02-04-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
You have never posted any facts, only opinions on how you think Rochester is some kind of progressive world city when in reality, it is a small declining provincial city

Again, your posts show your lack of experience of other places in the nation or you would realize how lame the city is compared to many other cities. You accuse others of as hom attacks.... then do it yourself

Travel some, get educated past GED level, and stop being a hypocrite...... then other people might take you seriously.... its no wonder nobody considers Rochester a viable city to move to, too many close minded people live there who don't know anything about the outside world
I have never said anything of the sort(this being a world city). You put words in to my mouth, as usual. What I have done is challenge your sweeping generalizations and you retort with name calling.
I respond to your accusations to show how your assumptions about me are dead wrong, yet you ignore my replies and continue with the attacks.
How much time have you actually spent here past your education? Because you seem to lack knowledge about the area.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:46 PM

41 posts, read 42,101 times
I do have to agree with A@M why no mater what some of the same posters have to put other places down but praise rochester no matter what. Even giving false information. The attitude, sarcasm and put downs by this poster is wrong. Most of the year down south has nice weather. My sister is down south with her 4 children, they play outside for the majority of the year. Way Way more time then when in Rochester. This is saying nothing bad about Rochester but it is fact.( INFORMED ) you do make some good points without being sarcastic. Out of fun I would like to point something out. You posted back I belive in 2007 that where you lived in SC and the vicinity would have taxes just like LI. Well you missed that one 6 years latter not even close. Long Island 1500 sq ft 80 years old house needs updates not in a great area but not bad very high taxes\ 4.00 gas 5 .00 gal milk .

Old 02-04-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I have never said anything of the sort(this being a world city). You put words in to my mouth, as usual. What I have done is challenge your sweeping generalizations and you retort with name calling.
I respond to your accusations to show how your assumptions about me are dead wrong, yet you ignore my replies and continue with the attacks.
How much time have you actually spent here past your education? Because you seem to lack knowledge about the area.
I grew up in the area and know more about it than you do apparently, moved away in 2004 and visit family once a year. You have shown zero to prove me wrong on any level. You have not traveled, it is even more apparent, because of how hostile you get when called out on it.

You and the other 2 always talk about how world traveled you are and how anyone who dislikes Rochester just has to be someone who has never been anywhere else because every single person who HAS lived elsewhere has come back begging Rochester to have them back, as if no place could ever compare to the greatness of Rochester NY.... people are just lining up in droves to pay many millions to walk on your streets paved with gold

Well, the truth hurts, I understand this..... which is why I am being nice to you, there are no generalizations made by me, I simply state facts. Rochester is not that great of a city and the opportunities are not there anymore. Add to that the fact that NYC runs the politics of the whole state to the detriment of the whole upstate region, and people will continue to leave to greener pastures

Old 02-04-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levitt54 View Post
I do have to agree with A@M why no mater what some of the same posters have to put other places down but praise rochester no matter what. Even giving false information. The attitude, sarcasm and put downs by this poster is wrong. Most of the year down south has nice weather. My sister is down south with her 4 children, they play outside for the majority of the year. Way Way more time then when in Rochester. This is saying nothing bad about Rochester but it is fact.( INFORMED ) you do make some good points without being sarcastic. Out of fun I would like to point something out. You posted back I belive in 2007 that where you lived in SC and the vicinity would have taxes just like LI. Well you missed that one 6 years latter not even close. Long Island 1500 sq ft 80 years old house needs updates not in a great area but not bad very high taxes\ 4.00 gas 5 .00 gal milk .
Thank you

Old 02-04-2013, 05:56 PM

244 posts, read 417,569 times
Quote:

mabye you should answer my question (what does rochester have to do that Charleston dosent have?) instead of just saying "your wrong"

Old 02-04-2013, 05:57 PM

I dont really see people putting down other places(aside from a couple of people). I actually went out of my way to say that other places were great in past postings. Charleston was brought up. It is a fine city. I was pointing out earlier that if a person thinks there is nothing to do in this area, then they will have the same issue in a smaller metro. Which does not mean anything as both areas have plenty to do.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I grew up in the area and know more about it than you do apparently, moved away in 2004 and visit family once a year. You have shown zero to prove me wrong on any level. You have not traveled, it is even more apparent, because of how hostile you get when called out on it.

You and the other 2 always talk about how world traveled you are and how anyone who dislikes Rochester just has to be someone who has never been anywhere else because every single person who HAS lived elsewhere has come back begging Rochester to have them back, as if no place could ever compare to the greatness of Rochester NY.... people are just lining up in droves to pay many millions to walk on your streets paved with gold

Well, the truth hurts, I understand this..... which is why I am being nice to you, there are no generalizations made by me, I simply state facts. Rochester is not that great of a city and the opportunities are not there anymore. Add to that the fact that NYC runs the politics of the whole state to the detriment of the whole upstate region, and people will continue to leave to greener pastures
The only thing accurate in that post is the part about NYC running the politics of the state. The rest of your post contains more of your usual putting words into my mouth that I never said.
You admit that you have not spent much real world time here, yet continue to make comments on the area like you have spent a significant amount of time in the working world. Spending your childhood in an area and moving after graduation does not make you qualified to comment on what the adult world is like.
In the past you have made comments about people only hanging out with their high school cliques, people not branching out, etc. I called you out on those posts and gave some real world examples which you ignored as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area