U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 06:55 PM

289 posts, read 359,242 times

Advertisements

I was just in Rochester am I missing something. There was hardly anything to do. It was cold and you could drive thru the city in 5 minutes. Is there really anything open after 6pm ? I was looking for good cultural food need I say I'm still looking. I asked someone what to do and I was told have you been to a Wegmans. Is wegmans the answer to everything? Wow love this superb Rochester weather.
Rate this post positively

Old 02-28-2013, 07:13 PM

3,518 posts, read 4,684,173 times
I love how people treat Wegmans like a community center. Stop talking to your stupid friends and get out of the way so I can get my box of cereal.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:18 PM

I just don't see the hype about Rochester. I am sick of the concrete skys , lack of diversity yes leave the city , one supermarket oh I'm wrong do we here anyhing about any other supermarket then yes see I don't even have too mention the name you have already said it too yourself ,

Old 02-28-2013, 08:45 PM

If you actually look at what they do, Wegmans isn't all that great. They are ripping people off behind the scenes and lately, it has become a game which item will be completely out of stock each week.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:49 PM

192 posts, read 480,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlook View Post
I was just in Rochester am I missing something. There was hardly anything to do. It was cold and you could drive thru the city in 5 minutes. Is there really anything open after 6pm ? I was looking for good cultural food need I say I'm still looking. I asked someone what to do and I was told have you been to a Wegmans. Is wegmans the answer to everything? Wow love this superb Rochester weather.
I love how people open up multiple sock accounts just to reply to their own thread. So did your Matt357 account get banned or will you show up with that screen name later as well?

Quote:
I just don't see the hype about Rochester. I am sick of the concrete skys , lack of diversity yes leave the city , one supermarket oh I'm wrong do we here anyhing about any other supermarket then yes see I don't even have too mention the name you have already said it too yourself ,

Could you please elaborate on where/who is hyping Rochester up?

Last edited by Corrion14621; 02-28-2013 at 08:58 PM..

Old 02-28-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrion14621 View Post
I love how people open up multiple sock accounts just to reply to their own thread. So did your Matt357 account get banned or will you show up with that screen name later as well?

Could you please elaborate on where/who is hyping Rochester up?
Hyping? I didn't say anything about hype...

Old 02-28-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Hyping? I didn't say anything about hype...
oops sorry about that my friend. I just edited the above post.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:56 PM

I know many people who live in Rochester that dislike a lot about it. But on these forums the steroid super expesso yes hyped up talk about Rochester being so great . Rochester is made up of many different people .If you disagree with this hyped up talk then you are called . A sock account , trolls , delusional a factual blatantly lie utterly false and misleading , what are you on come back to earth for a visit post . I started this thread and asked a question. Why the name calling did I call anybody a name. So am I wrong can you drive the city in 5 minutes is there anything worth going into the city at night from the suburbs? Why doesn't anybody talk about any other grocery store. This leads me to believe this is a one grocery store city. any other city has countless establishments to speak about. Wouldn't it be nice to see a real Christmas tree down town at Christmas? Why not make Rochester into an attraction that people would drive from all over to come too visit anf gladly spend their time and money.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:59 PM

If you wiped the city out with an atomic bomb, it would get more tourists.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
I know many people who live in Rochester that dislike a lot about it. But on these forums the steroid super expesso yes hyped up talk about Rochester being so great . Rochester is made up of many different people .If you disagree with this hyped up talk then you are called . A sock account , trolls , delusional a factual blatantly lie utterly false and misleading , what are you on come back to earth for a visit post . I started this thread and asked a question. Why the name calling did I call anybody a name. So am I wrong can you drive the city in 5 minutes is there anything worth going into the city at night from the suburbs? Why doesn't anybody talk about any other grocery store. This leads me to believe this is a one grocery store city. any other city has countless establishments to speak about. Wouldn't it be nice to see a real Christmas tree down town at Christmas? Why not make Rochester into an attraction that people would drive from all over to come too visit anf gladly spend their time and money.

No, you get called a sock account / troll because all you do is come on here and bash the city for no reason. If you would come on here and actually post something thats constructive then no one would have a problem with you (there are other users who are quite pessimistic about the city who don’t get called trolls IE: overtaxed). Another reason people call you a troll is because few if any of your posts are coherent. They’re often just a big collection of run on sentences with random periods and capital letters thrown in where they don’t belong. Half the time I can’t even understand what you are trying to say which is a problem if you want to be taken seriously. It also doesn’t help that there have been numerous accounts that type in the exact same manner as you...LOL

BTW posting that there is nothing to do after 6:00 and insinuating that the city has no culture is not a legitimate question. Citydata is not your personal blog where you get to just rant and bash the city whenever you feel like it.

You’ve been on here for almost a year now don’t you think you’ve beat the dog out of it by now cmon time to grow up, trolling on the internet all day is not a legitimate past time. If you don’t like the city and would rather live somewhere else for whatever reason that is ok. At least stop clogging up the page with your bogus threads and troll posts so this site can go back to being a legitimate source for information and community discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area