Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2013, 08:12 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,318,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I wouldn't say that it is necessarily common, but it does occur more than people expect. I've actually witnessed an army base in Augusta GA get shut down due to slush in January. So, it can get pretty cold it that part of the South.
We were never looking to get completely away from snow! Once a year or once every other year is fine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 08:36 PM

93,392 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
We were never looking to get completely away from snow! Once a year or once every other year is fine!
Even if it occurred more than once, I think that you would be fine in comparison to many in the area anyway.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:09 AM

696 posts, read 905,363 times
Quote:
And that's the bottom line.

So many I have heard complaining about Rochester in general or their situation in the area need to shut up or put up. I had hoped my moving influenced others in their perspective, so much that they would consider moving. My Facebook posts, constant check-ins and photos, etc...it seemed to have worked for some. Some are now seriously planning on it or seriously considering it. Or at least envious. Of course, I can never tell if I had influenced them, but it seems to have helped. Get out and make that change. I am sick of people saying that they aren't as fortunate as us or aren't as advantageous. I'm nothing special, by no means. If I can do it, of course you can. At this point, I have promised those interested, advice, research, and resume help. I'm just that convinced of the result that I will volunteer my time to see to their potential happiness.
I'm interested in moving out of Rochester, can you shoot me a pm with your facebook? I could use some inspirational photos ect.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
I'm interested in moving out of Rochester, can you shoot me a pm with your facebook? I could use some inspirational photos ect.
I can make it a bit easier and post some good ones on here. Just give me a bit of time to get them onto Flickr for linking.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:13 PM

Ahhhh, what a great year!

For the record, I went to the ocean 75 times in 2013.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:18 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,881,279 times
Looks much, MUCH more miserable than Rochester!!

Old 01-22-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
Looks much, MUCH more miserable than Rochester!!
haha

Old 01-22-2014, 02:58 PM

18 posts, read 24,578 times
Quote:
haha
I-M-O it appears to lack what dwn twn Rochester has in beauty ,cultural and festivals.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeps77 View Post
I-M-O it appears to lack what dwn twn Rochester has in beauty ,cultural and festivals.
Almost sounds as if you've never been here.

Downtown Rochester is drab and dreary even on the brightest days. Not to mention that Charleston area districts "invest in blooming". If flowers aren't blooming in the main parks, plantations, and other public areas, they are removed and replaced with blooms. Charleston pays for the beauty. I had the privilege of making my way to the back area of one of the local plantations a few weeks back and got to see their operations. They are constantly replacing flora with in-season blooms grown in greenhouses to make the beauty of the plantation last much longer. Charleston is rich in culture, heritage, and history, not just regionally, but nationally. Not to mention the number of festivals in the metro dwarf those in the Rochester area, simply just because there are more warm days to hold such things.

If you haven't been/lived here, I'm not sure how you can judge from my pictures. The only picture of a populated street is Second Sunday, where they close the shopping district street down and let you walk through it and eat at tables on it every second Sunday of the month. I do recommend that you use Google Images to see how wonderful it is here!

https://www.google.com/search?q=char...w=1440&bih=684

Old 01-22-2014, 09:29 PM

18 posts, read 24,578 times
I have not been there. I have in fact been too Wegmans, lilac festival, park ave festival and many others. Wegmans is a beauty in it self. I just can't see how this beauty can be beat. plus we have seasons change here that includes a magnificent spring, summer and fall. Not at all oppressive high heat levels as dwn sth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area