Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 07:11 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,295,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
Pittsford wegmans is WAY to big, if you do a lap around the store is is at least a mile. If you need meat and tin foil you are screwed as they are on extreme opposite ends of the store and you have to walk a mile to get them. It's such a shame they expanded the wegmans on east ave as that was the perfect size before they messed with it. I just hope they dont try to "expand" their other stores to.
But...but...but...IT'S ROCHESTER'S #1 TOURIST ATTRACTION!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 11:20 AM

270 posts, read 466,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Now that's funny!

Old 03-10-2014, 08:18 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,776,372 times
"Where can I buy KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Sauce?
KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Sauce is distributed nationally through Grocery, Mass Retailer (e.g. Kmart, Target, and Wal-Mart), and Warehouse/Club stores. "

That is from their website.
In the Buffalo area, Tops carries it. Check them in Rochester

Old 03-11-2014, 06:30 AM

97 posts, read 199,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Well, there's also the Memorial Art Gallery, the Strong Museum of Play, the George Eastman House and Dryden Theatre, the Little Theatre, ARTISANworks, the Geva Theatre, the Rochester Philharmonic, opera and concerts at the Eastman Theatre, the Susan B. Anthony House, Downstairs Cabaret Theatre, ARTWalk, the Rochester Museum and Science Center, the Seneca Park Zoo, the Public Market, Landmark Society Walking Tours, and Highland Park and the Lamberton Conservatory.

And not to mention the plethora of festivals, such as the Lilac Festival, the Park Avenue Summer Arts Festival, the Rochester Greek Festival, ImageOut, Wedgestock, the MAG Clothesline Festival, the Fringe Festival (which blew away everyone's expectations its first year alone), the International Jazz Festival, the Corn Hill Arts Festival, and many more. Both the Corn Hill and Park Ave arts festivals annually draw an estimated quarter of a million people to the city over the course of two days. (Bear in mind the city's population is only 210,000.) And the Pride Parade, which is the second largest in the state outside New York City.

You're such a self-parody it's a wonder anyone takes you seriously.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:59 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,729,353 times
I don't buy the sauce, but Wegmans always does that.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:58 AM

92,192 posts, read 122,439,279 times
Wegmans gets some love from Consumer Reports: https://www.yahoo.com/food/where-to-...411873278.html

Old 04-15-2014, 05:39 PM

308 posts, read 464,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
What a joke.

Last time we were in town we ventured into the Wegmans store on East. Again, "What a joke". Their store brand stuff really crowds out name-brand stuff in that store, and to add insult to injury they never heeded the #1 complaint by customers of the old store: Narrow aisles. The grocery section is small enough, then they made the aisles narrow like the old store.

Plenty of folks we know up there have switched over to PriceRite, and avoid Wegmans' meat department like the plague, so they end up at local reputable meat stores, or even Herrema's.

Another thing I noticed, especially having been an employee there years ago and knowing the rep they used to have, are bare shelves. You mean to tell me their overstock in their back rooms, and their warehouses are being kept at such low levels, that they run out of grocery items on a regular basis? Good grief. i understand how inventory works, but when a store has so many items out-of-stock it makes one wonder what the heck is going on.
I go to the East ave and Pittsford stores regularly. I get the narrow aisles at East Ave.. It's an urban store, short on space. I've seen other chains do the same thing. I'm okay with that. What's up with their meat? We buy their organic products regularly. Anything I should know?

I have noticed bare shelves. It's against the number one rule in retail. Not sure why they allow that. There really is no excuse. Isn't that their core business? Selling products on the shelf?

I can never understand why they keep getting these awards around customer service. I would put Safeway up against them any day. The workers at the various Safeway's I go to are so much more friendlier and engaging. It's sort of a weird culture thing here in general - many people here avoid eye contact (and in turn simple greetings, conversation, etc) when I am out walking, on the street and in general. It's the weirdest thing.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:44 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,729,353 times
The Pittsford Wegmans is "our" store, but I can't tell you the last time I was in that one--it's like a warehouse. When it first opened (or was expanded), some of the staff were rolling around on Segways.

I never understood the customer service kudos, either, and the usual "Top Place To Work" titles come from ratings by the staff, so....

I grew up with Wegmans, and love them all day long, but many of their prices are ridiculous. You need to be a comparison shopper. In addition, they're heavy into introducing their own products alongside name brands. Then the name brands curiously disappear while the Wegmans brand remains--at the name brand's higher price.

Many times on exiting, I tell DH I feel like we just helped pay for Danny's two Canandaigua castles.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:54 AM

5,289 posts, read 6,103,043 times
Wegmans is copying the "Whole Foods" play book, that is carry no national brands only store brands.

I don't shop at Wegmans as much as I used to. I usually only visit the produce, meat and deli aisles. I believe in spreading the wealth around.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:34 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,873,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Many times on exiting, I tell DH I feel like we just helped pay for Danny's two Canandaigua castles.
Don't forget the cocaine habit!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area