U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2014, 05:55 PM
 
696 posts, read 702,693 times
Reputation: 545

Advertisements

So Wegmans is discontinuing KC master piece barbeque sauce , which I have been eating for 20 years. Looks like they have room for 4 or 5 different varieties of their own ****ty barbqee sauce but discountine a classic like KC masterpiece? This is the final straw for me, they get far too much credit for what they have done for rochester. I also bit into a piece of metal that was in their pizza bagel and they only payed half my dental bill. **** wegmans.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2014, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Rochester
859 posts, read 1,738,343 times
Reputation: 1203
I mean I'm not a huge barbeque sauce user, but what the hell is "KC Master Piece?" Although Wegmans does tend to shove their own store brand items down our throats from time to time, I wouldn't be worried about the discontinuation of one brand. Wegmans is still the greatest grocery store I've ever stepped foot in.

I'm sorry to hear about the metal in your bagel though. That's a b****.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 06:19 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC metro
3,518 posts, read 4,631,604 times
Reputation: 1388
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
So Wegmans is discontinuing KC master piece barbeque sauce , which I have been eating for 20 years. Looks like they have room for 4 or 5 different varieties of their own ****ty barbqee sauce but discountine a classic like KC masterpiece? This is the final straw for me, they get far too much credit for what they have done for rochester. I also bit into a piece of metal that was in their pizza bagel and they only payed half my dental bill. **** wegmans.
Welcome to the club of people that can see through the BS that is Wegmans. Top companies to work for? When I worked there, my managers were mostly drug dealers. And they don't really GAF about the little guy. Virtually no mobility after one promotion. Pricey ready-to-eat food. Insanely-priced mediocre baked goods. Overpriced everything else. No wonder after nearly 100 years they are barely a blip on the national grocery market. Let's hope that area gets a few more chain grocery stores to stir up the market and make it ACTUALLY better for your wallet, not just eye-candy that people tout as Rochester's only tourist attraction.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 06:36 PM
 
696 posts, read 702,693 times
Reputation: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by 585WNY View Post
I mean I'm not a huge barbeque sauce user, but what the hell is "KC Master Piece?" Although Wegmans does tend to shove their own store brand items down our throats from time to time, I wouldn't be worried about the discontinuation of one brand. Wegmans is still the greatest grocery store I've ever stepped foot in.

I'm sorry to hear about the metal in your bagel though. That's a b****.
KC Masterpiece is a barbecue sauce which is the number 1 selling barbecue sauce in the United States.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2014, 08:34 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
1,607 posts, read 2,862,175 times
Reputation: 1468
What a joke.

Last time we were in town we ventured into the Wegmans store on East. Again, "What a joke". Their store brand stuff really crowds out name-brand stuff in that store, and to add insult to injury they never heeded the #1 complaint by customers of the old store: Narrow aisles. The grocery section is small enough, then they made the aisles narrow like the old store.

Plenty of folks we know up there have switched over to PriceRite, and avoid Wegmans' meat department like the plague, so they end up at local reputable meat stores, or even Herrema's.

Another thing I noticed, especially having been an employee there years ago and knowing the rep they used to have, are bare shelves. You mean to tell me their overstock in their back rooms, and their warehouses are being kept at such low levels, that they run out of grocery items on a regular basis? Good grief. i understand how inventory works, but when a store has so many items out-of-stock it makes one wonder what the heck is going on.

We looked for Wise potato chips at the East Ave. store. They don't carry them there. Oh, but Danny's cheese aging facility in Gates he got tax breaks for is churning out overpriced cheese nobody wants.


It's too bad they've strayed so far from the vision his father had. Danny Wegman is a rent-seeker as bad as any there in Rochester, and quite frankly I don't think he cares a lick about where that company is headed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2014, 09:42 PM
 
2,400 posts, read 5,397,459 times
Reputation: 2910
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
What a joke.

Last time we were in town we ventured into the Wegmans store on East. Again, "What a joke". Their store brand stuff really crowds out name-brand stuff in that store, and to add insult to injury they never heeded the #1 complaint by customers of the old store: Narrow aisles. The grocery section is small enough, then they made the aisles narrow like the old store.

Plenty of folks we know up there have switched over to PriceRite, and avoid Wegmans' meat department like the plague, so they end up at local reputable meat stores, or even Herrema's.

Another thing I noticed, especially having been an employee there years ago and knowing the rep they used to have, are bare shelves. You mean to tell me their overstock in their back rooms, and their warehouses are being kept at such low levels, that they run out of grocery items on a regular basis? Good grief. i understand how inventory works, but when a store has so many items out-of-stock it makes one wonder what the heck is going on.

We looked for Wise potato chips at the East Ave. store. They don't carry them there. Oh, but Danny's cheese aging facility in Gates he got tax breaks for is churning out overpriced cheese nobody wants.


It's too bad they've strayed so far from the vision his father had. Danny Wegman is a rent-seeker as bad as any there in Rochester, and quite frankly I don't think he cares a lick about where that company is headed.
Yeah, everyone hates Wegman's. Here's one in Pittsford that has a ton of reviews, and 4 1/2 stars.

Wegmans - Pittsford, NY
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2014, 01:06 AM
 
Location: Charleston, SC metro
3,518 posts, read 4,631,604 times
Reputation: 1388
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
Yeah, everyone hates Wegman's. Here's one in Pittsford that has a ton of reviews, and 4 1/2 stars.

Wegmans - Pittsford, NY
You don't know too much about internet reviews, do you?

Wegmans is terrible. Get over it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2014, 05:19 AM
 
Location: Rochester NY (western NY)
1,021 posts, read 1,690,840 times
Reputation: 2317
Most people in Pittsford are so fuggin delusional they'll approve of anything you tell them to. Shopping at Pittsford Wegmans is all about status, like most things in Pittsford.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2014, 05:37 AM
 
Location: Charleston, SC metro
3,518 posts, read 4,631,604 times
Reputation: 1388
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
Most people in Pittsford are so fuggin delusional they'll approve of anything you tell them to. Shopping at Pittsford Wegmans is all about status, like most things in Pittsford.
So true. Last time I walked into the Pittsford Wegmans it was like walking into the United Nations.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2014, 05:56 AM
 
2,400 posts, read 5,397,459 times
Reputation: 2910
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
So true. Last time I walked into the Pittsford Wegmans it was like walking into the United Nations.
What's your point? Are you only comfortable with white people.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top