Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2015, 09:04 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,328,637 times

Advertisements

This is pretty cool. Pepsi is coming up for a "pop-up" concert to film for a superbowl commercial. They will only announce the location and group for the concert 24 hours before the date.

Quote:
Get hyped for halftime and a turn in the national spotlight, Rochester.

PepsiCo, maker of the soft drink, crowned Rochester the "The Most Hyped Hometown in America" on Friday and winner of its national campaign connected to the halftime show of the National Football League's Super Bowl.

Now we get to reap the benefits: Pepsi is going to roll into town on Sunday, Jan. 18, with a pop-up concert featuring a special yet-to-be-named guest, and a lucky group of Rochesterians will win tickets to the Pepsi Super Bowl XLIX halftime show to see singer Katy Perry perform live.

"It's more than just the concert itself," said Angela Tucciarone, a spokeswoman for Pepsi. "We are taking over Rochester that Sunday with a bunch of surprises."

During the sweepstakes period — Nov. 26 to Dec. 27 — local participants submitted a photo or video, along with a brief description, showing excitement for the Super Bowl XLIX halftime show. Each entrant was allowed up to five submissions per day during the sweepstakes period.

The submissions were judged by an independent panel based on originality and creativity; embodiment of the "Hyped for Halftime" campaign; total hometown participation; and public voting. Rochester submitted 509 entries.

"Rochester beat out everyone else by a long shot just by the sheer number of submissions," said Tucciarone.
Rochester wins Pepsi Super Bowl sweepstakes

RochesterSubway.com : Rochester Wins Pepsi Hyped for Halftime: Nico & Vinz to Perform Here Sunday 1/18
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 05:21 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,819,057 times
Anyone go? How was it? Saw a few pics, looked like a good time.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:16 PM

I went to it and had a blast. It was a great turnout. I'm guessing about 5,000 people there. There were cameras every so I'm interested to see what Pepsi does with the footage. And while I'm not a huge fan of Nico and Vinz, they seem to really enjoy themselves and put on an excellent show and seemed impressed with the turnout.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:15 AM

384 posts, read 356,082 times
D&C estimated 7,500, definitely a decent turnout for a random Sunday evening in December. I had a good time down there, only stood outside for about 5 minutes of the music though, mostly hung around inside watching the football games. I also missed Lovely Warren getting booed when she was up on stage.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:21 PM

Pepsi's official video from the concert...I also see that Nico and Vinz ate at Aunt Rosie's. A good choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3CGQhIrNgA

Old 01-28-2015, 09:03 AM

384 posts, read 356,082 times
Had to figure Pepsi would do a good job with the video, I'm guessing some kind of shortened version will air during the Super Bowl this Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
View detailed profiles of: