Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 11:17 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,328,360 times

Advertisements

I think this is pretty cool. According to the National Arts Center for Research, Rochester ranks 20th among large cities.

Quote:
Rochester ranked as the 20th most arts vibrant large city in America, according to the National Center for Arts Research’s recently released Arts Vibrancy Index. This assessment of arts vibrancy used multiple measures of supply, demand and public support for arts and culture on a per capita basis, and confirms what those of us living in Rochester have known all along – that we live in a creative hotbed. Cited among the contributors to Rochester’s ranking are “first-class venues such as Geva Theatre Center.” According to the Theatre Communications Group (TCG) Fiscal Survey 2013, Geva is the most attended non-profit theatre in the Northeast United States outside of Manhattan.
That's also awesome that Geva is the most attended non-profit theatre in the NE outside of Manhattan.

https://gevajournal.wordpress.com/20...ancy-now-what/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 05:52 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,881,070 times
Hopefully this doesn't mean city officials will more aggressively pursue the god awful idea of a performing arts center like they were in the past.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:59 AM

384 posts, read 356,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
Hopefully this doesn't mean city officials will more aggressively pursue the god awful idea of a performing arts center like they were in the past.
I'd be shocked if a performing arts center didn't end up on parcel 5 at Midtown. I didn't like the idea at first either, but I'm kind of coming around to it as long as both the new place and the Auditorium don't end up poaching shows off each other.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:40 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,881,070 times
I'll come around to it after the rest of the problems the city faces are dealt with, unless this is something that would be 100% private funded and with no tax subsidies whatsoever, but we know that would never happen anyways.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:33 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,095,453 times
As Richard Florida always calls these people, the creative types. He stresses how the more you have a vibrant artistic community, the better your chances to have a thriving high tech sector. Based on the # of patents locally, I think he's right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
View detailed profiles of: