Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2016, 12:05 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,318,548 times

Advertisements

Branca is now open at midtown! This is a big step towards the entire Midtown neighborhood and Main St coming back to life. We need to make sure to support this restaurant so that even more people will want to live and shop in the Midtown area, which will encourage more retail and food.

Branca Midtown opens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 07:10 AM

384 posts, read 353,221 times
Hope this place does well but slightly worried they are going in down there "too early". If this possible performing arts center was built or at the very least Parcel 5 and Sibley were done I'd be more optimistic but while the Midtown area is on the upswing, there still isn't a large amount of people in the area on a nightly basis. If they can just hold for a year or two though when a handful of projects in the surrounding area come on line, I'm sure the location will work out great.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:16 AM

I do tend to agree with you UB, but if any restaurant can do it, it's probably Branca. The owners already have a following at the Bushnell's Basin location and the owners are savvy with city locations since they also own The Revelry which also has a following.

Then second thing is parking. They also have an open parking lot which will bring in their suburban following with relative ease.

Old 12-30-2016, 04:41 PM

Granted this is today and tomorrow which is New Year's Eve, but I think it's a good sign for the restaurant. Looking at OpenTable for reservations, they are booked up to 9PM tonight and tomorrow is fully booked. I have a reservation too tomorrow night btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area