Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 07:54 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,816,675 times

Advertisements

I don't know about you guys but being born and raised in Atlanta I'm super pumped for this news. Also glad to see the west-side get something that the east-side or Henrietta doesn't have.

What do you all think?

Chick-fil-A clears hurdle for Greece
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 09:14 AM

384 posts, read 355,827 times
Is it really that big of a deal? have never had Chick-fil-A but I'm certainly not going out of my way to try it either. Also on the east/west side thing, this came out today:

Brighton developer reportedly shut down plans for Chick-Fil-A in Whole Foods Center | WHAM

Old 01-19-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBenny View Post
Is it really that big of a deal? have never had Chick-fil-A but I'm certainly not going out of my way to try it either. Also on the east/west side thing, this came out today:

Brighton developer reportedly shut down plans for Chick-Fil-A in Whole Foods Center | WHAM
I actually just read that article as well. And yes it is really that big of a deal!

Old 01-19-2017, 09:13 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,323,576 times
I've been to Chick-Fil-A in Virginia and wasn't really impressed. Good chicken sandwiches, but honestly on par with Arby's. I'll try them again when they open, but I don't think it will be that big of a deal. They can't hold a candle to Country Sweet anyway.

I ate that it's nice to see them open in Greece though. The city would've been even better, but this development shift away from Henrietta in recent years makes me happy. It's about time!

Old 01-20-2017, 03:01 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 585WNY View Post
I've been to Chick-Fil-A in Virginia and wasn't really impressed. Good chicken sandwiches, but honestly on par with Arby's. I'll try them again when they open, but I don't think it will be that big of a deal. They can't hold a candle to Country Sweet anyway.

I ate that it's nice to see them open in Greece though. The city would've been even better, but this development shift away from Henrietta in recent years makes me happy. It's about time!
No no no

Arby's has gone so far downhill. The cheese sauce on their roast beef sandwiches glows in the dark and tastes like watery cheeze whiz. Used to love me an Arby's roast beef sandwich but now its like eating an old shoe

Old 01-20-2017, 04:11 PM

Chick-fil-A is miles ahead of any other fast food joint. It's like an affordable 5 star restaurant stuck in a fast food body.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:57 PM

466 posts, read 982,311 times
It's very good. Whenever I go south I always make a point to go there for lunch. It really is good chicken.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:12 PM

4,503 posts, read 4,612,137 times
Chick Filet has the best sweet tea. I buy it by the gallon. My main complaint about Chik Filet is they don't have onions to put on their chicken sandwiches. I like onions on all my sandwiches. I also like mushrooms and jalapeños on my sandwiches. Only thing Chik Filet puts on their sandwiches is lettuce and tomato and I don't like either of those on my sandwiches.

They do have really good chicken noodle soup. That's what I usually get when I go there. Soup and sweet tea.

I've also noticed that most of the young people that work at Chik Filet seem to be a higher caliber of young people than what you find at McDonalds and Taco Bell, Jack In The Box and Whataburger.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:19 PM

4,503 posts, read 4,612,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBenny View Post

It's always a big deal when Chik Filet moves into a city they haven't been before. I heard when a Chik Filet opened in Muncie, Indiana they started lining up outside the door the night before the first day they opened. I think the 1st 100 people got a years supply of Chicken sandwiches. They had some kind of promotion going on. It's kinda like when a Whole Foods comes to town, or an IKEA or Cabellas, or an In N Out. People get excited over those stores. Chick Filet is in that category.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:54 AM

2,202 posts, read 4,327,433 times
I think Chick-fil-a is one of those QSR enterprises that has a certain "guilty pleasure" college-era nostalgia attached to it. The fact that it's not avail. everywhere (yet) is also part of the appeal.

For me, a late night bag o' White Castle or a mid-day Arby's Bacon-Cheddar w/ horsey sauce have nostalgia value of my Reagan-era 18 hr. work days and youthful high metabolism that allowed such food in such high quantities.

We have a couple of Chick-fil-a locations near the dozen or so White Castle locations on LI. White Castle's stand-alone locations are only in the poor areas. Only McD's, Arby's, and Wendy's are where I frequent so, maybe, once or twice a year I'll get my "guilty pleasure" at one of those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area