Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 12:26 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,825,837 times

Advertisements

I was in my home town a few weeks ago and decided to go into the city to grab lunch near Park Ave. Parked, didn't see any signs and received a ticket for $50! More than similar parking tickets in Philly. It's not even like there were a lot of cars parked around the area...on a nice Saturday afternoon.

Anyone else have this happen? Park Ave is nice little area, but I won't be back. Not sure why Rochester has to be so aggressive on this. It's not like where I lived in South Philly where there are parking wars...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 08:02 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,316,885 times
I've personally never received a parking ticket. Even when I lived in the city and had on-street parking. This was on a city street and not a private lot? Did it say what it was for? Saturday's are free parking on city streets all day so I'm not sure why you would have received one.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:12 AM

Yup, on a Saturday. Public street just off Park Ave. Paid via the City of Rochester website. Wasn't in front of a driveway, fire hydrant or anything else. This is something I have a lot of big city experience with, so I was surprised.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:01 AM

466 posts, read 977,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Yup, on a Saturday. Public street just off Park Ave. Paid via the City of Rochester website. Wasn't in front of a driveway, fire hydrant or anything else. This is something I have a lot of big city experience with, so I was surprised.
Did you park on the correct side of the street? You can’t just park anywhere. It’s alternating parking. I lived off Park for several years. The signs are fairly obvious.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colton821 View Post
Did you park on the correct side of the street? You can’t just park anywhere. It’s alternating parking. I lived off Park for several years. The signs are fairly obvious.
I parked right behind another car, of which there were many on my side. I remember the alternate parking from when I lived there as well. The vehicle in front of me and behind me did not have a ticket.

And I would have researched more, but my father was with us and he gets overly upset so I snatched it off the windshield and took off. Frustrating.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:51 PM

384 posts, read 352,671 times
What did the ticket say you got it for? They don't just randomly give out tickets, you obviously did something wrong.

Old 05-24-2018, 07:04 PM

5,478 posts, read 3,952,206 times
My experience has always been that the Park/ Berkley area is tough to park at

Old 05-25-2018, 02:15 PM

466 posts, read 977,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
I parked right behind another car, of which there were many on my side. I remember the alternate parking from when I lived there as well. The vehicle in front of me and behind me did not have a ticket.

And I would have researched more, but my father was with us and he gets overly upset so I snatched it off the windshield and took off. Frustrating.
The fact that there were cars in front of you and behind you doesn’t mean you parked legally. I’m not trying to be a jerk, but you likely were parked where you shouldn’t have been. It’s possible you parked legally at the time but the switch over occurred while you were away. They didn’t just decide to target your car for no reason, while ignoring others near you.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colton821 View Post
The fact that there were cars in front of you and behind you doesn’t mean you parked legally. I’m not trying to be a jerk, but you likely were parked where you shouldn’t have been. It’s possible you parked legally at the time but the switch over occurred while you were away. They didn’t just decide to target your car for no reason, while ignoring others near you.
I'm not saying it was a mystery or conspiracy. I'm simply saying that it wasn't marked well since I looked up and down the street and didn't see the sign. And the cost of the fine was excessive. Especially given that there is plenty of parking in the vicinity. I was there for less than 2 hours and received a ticket.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBenny View Post
What did the ticket say you got it for? They don't just randomly give out tickets, you obviously did something wrong.
Very brilliant response. I know that I did something wrong, but it wasn't obvious. And the ticket did not have a simple explanation on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
View detailed profiles of: