Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 07:23 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,095,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A14626mom View Post
Bill Grays has fantastic plates, well as least the Latta Road location does.

I've had Bill Grays "great plate" a few times. Yes it is good, but I wouldn't consider it to be a real authentic "plate". First, the entire dinner is much smaller. As I remember they use French fries instead of home fries and their hot sauce is different. It is both sweeter and hotter than the original meat hot sauce. They have a Tuesday special $6.99

Schaller's, at least the one at the lake has a pretty good one except they also us fries instead of homefries, but the hot sauce and everything else traditional GP. One note about Schallers, you get 2 hots, but only one burger. Thursday special $6.99.

I've had great ones at Harbor Hots, Empire Hots, and Steve T's (nephew of Tahou). I've heard Dog Town on Monroe is good, but I've never had one. I think most hot dog places have pretty good ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 05:10 PM

61 posts, read 50,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
I've had Bill Grays "great plate" a few times. Yes it is good, but I wouldn't consider it to be a real authentic "plate". First, the entire dinner is much smaller. As I remember they use French fries instead of home fries and their hot sauce is different. It is both sweeter and hotter than the original meat hot sauce. They have a Tuesday special $6.99

Schaller's, at least the one at the lake has a pretty good one except they also us fries instead of homefries, but the hot sauce and everything else traditional GP. One note about Schallers, you get 2 hots, but only one burger. Thursday special $6.99.

I've had great ones at Harbor Hots, Empire Hots, and Steve T's (nephew of Tahou). I've heard Dog Town on Monroe is good, but I've never had one. I think most hot dog places have pretty good ones.
Bill Gray's you choose which sides you want on your plate and you don't have to get hot sauce on it. I think Bill Gray's is the only place where you can choose the rest they choose for you.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Bill Gray's you choose which sides you want on your plate and you don't have to get hot sauce on it. I think Bill Gray's is the only place where you can choose the rest they choose for you.

Not true. You can order any way you want anywhere you go

Old 01-30-2019, 12:27 PM

186 posts, read 135,845 times
Quote:
Bill Gray's isn't the ONLY place you can choose, but I see the point you're trying to make. Ignore that person, they were just being ignorant. Bill Gray's has the best plates around. Better than Tom Wahl's!

Old 01-31-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres4evR View Post
Bill Gray's isn't the ONLY place you can choose, but I see the point you're trying to make. Ignore that person, they were just being ignorant. Bill Gray's has the best plates around. Better than Tom Wahl's!

Nothing wrong with Bill Gray's plate. I was just pointing out that it's not an authentic garbage plate. It's smaller, no home fries and more of a chili style hot sauce, rather than meat hot sauce. I don't believe that they have cold baked beans as an option either. Most people opt for mac salad nowadays, but it used to be, and you can still get them, cold baked beans.

Although hot sauce is and add on condiment, I wouldn't say it was a garbage plate without it

Old 02-09-2019, 05:31 PM

61 posts, read 50,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Nothing wrong with Bill Gray's plate. I was just pointing out that it's not an authentic garbage plate. It's smaller, no home fries and more of a chili style hot sauce, rather than meat hot sauce. I don't believe that they have cold baked beans as an option either. Most people opt for mac salad nowadays, but it used to be, and you can still get them, cold baked beans.

Although hot sauce is and add on condiment, I wouldn't say it was a garbage plate without it
You can get home fries on a plate at Bill Gray's you get to choose 2 sides between French Fries, Tater Tots, Home Fries, Maceroni Salad and a few other things (I usually get Home Fries and French Fries since my husband likes French Fries and I like the Home Fries and we don't eat too much).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area