Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see more on:
Comparing the City of Rochester to its suburbs? 1 16.67%
Comparing the Rochester metro area to other metros? 1 16.67%
Looking at long term trends and future projections for the region? 6 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 07:32 AM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times

Advertisements

^Could simply mean cultural variety as well. Shrug...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2021, 09:18 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,093,071 times
I prefer the term "Inclusive" much better.

Old 03-24-2021, 10:18 AM

5,483 posts, read 3,923,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroROCdotNet View Post
It's interesting how similar Buffalo and Rochester have become in their population composition. But Buffalo has arrived there from a much steeper decline in population, so it should be no surprise that there is a concentration of research on shrinking cities in Buffalo.
The book is real social science research (as opposed to media articles or just a compilation of case studies) and thus is not shy about using numbers and a few formulas as appropriate. I suggest you read the excepts available on Amazon to see if its right for you. I wont review it but I will point out that there are brief many case studies, explanatory sidebars, and policy measure examples that would be of interest to people who don't have training in social science but are serious about the status and future of metro areas like Rochester and Buffalo.
You should seek out the UB experts on this topic.
A difficult ask during the pandemic--the main (North) campus remains nearly empty. I could look to e-mail either/both of them, however.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
I prefer the term "Inclusive" much better.
That isn’t the context of the topic though. If you read the OP’s report, he/she was referring to the topic from the context of the composition of residents in Monroe County towns and the city of Rochester in terms of a recent time period. So, in this context, it is just referring to I believe the change in the white, black and Hispanic populations of those municipalities within a time period. It doesn’t have to do with some diabolical separation of people, but more about the reality of the change in regards to different cultural/racial groups and where they live in Monroe County. This isn’t a knock, but just an explanation in terms of where that topic came from.

The report: http://www.metroroc.net/metro-roches...tro-rochester/

Old 03-24-2021, 05:23 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,093,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
That isn’t the context of the topic though. If you read the OP’s report, he/she was referring to the topic from the context of the composition of residents in Monroe County towns and the city of Rochester in terms of a recent time period. So, in this context, it is just referring to I believe the change in the white, black and Hispanic populations of those municipalities within a time period. It doesn’t have to do with some diabolical separation of people, but more about the reality of the change in regards to different cultural/racial groups and where they live in Monroe County. This isn’t a knock, but just an explanation in terms of where that topic came from.

The report: Changing Diversity in Metro Rochester – MetroROC
After reading your responses over the years, I truely have to ask. What language are you speaking? Please just a simple response. I know from other PM's, I'm not the only one that feels this way

Old 03-24-2021, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
After reading your responses over the years, I truely have to ask. What language are you speaking? Please just a simple response. I know from other PM's, I'm not the only one that feels this way
English...I think others know what I am saying. I actually didn’t understand what the issue or confusion was with diversity in the first place, but I thought the posts would have cleared that up.

I could care less about other PM’s to be honest, because I’m not saying anything extravagant or mind blowing in the post or other posts. Not really trying to either. Yeah, there may be a mistake in typing now and then or auto correct gets in the way, but that last post isn’t too hard to understand, while being informative.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 03-24-2021 at 07:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area