Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 04:35 PM

105 posts, read 83,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Just curious, but have you looked into listings that fit the bolded description?
I did see a few homes like this in Rochester, Geneva, Alex Bay and Skaneateles that I really liked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
Nice spot right there.
It is right? It has lots of amenities and convenience features like online and automated rent payments too.

Old 07-08-2021, 05:47 PM

5,675 posts, read 4,081,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed1USA View Post
It is right? It has lots of amenities and convenience features like online and automated rent payments too.
Some of the units are brand new, maybe 2 years old.

I have lived in this area most of my life. Sunsets, sunrises.....I often wake up to a Blue Heron on my beach, and you would get that too. This is an area with lots of migrating birds. A couple weeks ago I was enjoying a beautiful sunset. I turned to go back into my house and there was a full moon just rising. In this immediate area there are 4 large ponds and a bay surrounded with over 2000 acres of wetlands as well as Wegmans about 1 mile away, major shopping about 5 more minutes. Downtown, about 20 minutes. You can fish out front and even keep a small boat there. Lots of great restaurants in the area too.

Honestly, every day I give thanks that I can live in such a wonderful place.

Last edited by JWRocks; 07-08-2021 at 05:56 PM..

Old 07-09-2021, 01:49 AM

1,884 posts, read 3,445,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post

I have lived in this area most of my life. Sunsets, sunrises.....I often wake up to a Blue Heron on my beach, and you would get that too. This is an area with lots of migrating birds. A couple weeks ago I was enjoying a beautiful sunset. I turned to go back into my house and there was a full moon just rising. In this immediate area there are 4 large ponds and a bay surrounded with over 2000 acres of wetlands as well as Wegmans about 1 mile away, major shopping about 5 more minutes. Downtown, about 20 minutes. You can fish out front and even keep a small boat there. Lots of great restaurants in the area too.

Yet such conveniences nearby, which is nice. N. Greece close to the lake shore really is a nice area.

Old 07-09-2021, 02:56 PM

93,189 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed1USA View Post
I did see a few homes like this in Rochester, Geneva, Alex Bay and Skaneateles that I really liked.
Information about the bolded community is in the Syracuse forum(chat thread), so not to be off topic.

Old 07-09-2021, 03:27 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Did a decade and a half there 40 years ago.

A caution - Unless you have experience with a harsh winter climate be careful. Especially near Lake Ontario. The immediate area by the Lake takes a real beating in the winter. In places on say Lake Road you have to accelerate down the icy hill to get up the next one. And in a good lake storm everything within a half mile gets iced.

For the general area I would suggest Canandaigua, or elsewhere in the Finger Lakes.

There are also some very nice spots south of Syracuse.

I lived in the Pittsford Brighton area to the SE of downtown. Very nice area but unfortunately too expensive for your price point.

Old 07-09-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post

That's awesome, sounds like a magical place. I hope to visit soon.

Old 07-09-2021, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Information about the bolded community is in the Syracuse forum(chat thread), so not to be off topic.
Ok nice, I will check it out. ^I actually saw some of those types of properties from the previous post in Syracuse too.

Last edited by Blessed1USA; 07-09-2021 at 04:52 PM..

Old 07-09-2021, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

A caution - Unless you have experience with a harsh winter climate be careful. Especially near Lake Ontario. The immediate area by the Lake takes a real beating in the winter. In places on say Lake Road you have to accelerate down the icy hill to get up the next one. And in a good lake storm everything within a half mile gets iced.

For the general area I would suggest Canandaigua, or elsewhere in the Finger Lakes.

I lived in the Pittsford Brighton area to the SE of downtown. Very nice area but unfortunately too expensive for your price point.
Good point, thank you.

Last edited by Blessed1USA; 07-09-2021 at 04:55 PM..

Old 07-09-2021, 05:10 PM

5,675 posts, read 4,081,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

The weather has changed a lot in 40 years. I live right on Lake Ontario. Last years winter was only February and March, and not much snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area