Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2021, 07:17 AM

94,531 posts, read 125,550,622 times

Advertisements

"Constellation Brands will move its headquarters from Victor to downtown Rochester and the Aqueduct Building, officials are expected to announce Wednesday.

A mid-afternoon news conference is being planned, with a guest list that includes Gov. Kathy Hochul.

The state also will pledge additional assistance to a developing plan that would strip the Broad Street bridge off the old Erie Canal aqueduct and fill it with water once again.

Constellation's move, confirmed by three sources, could bring 350 employees to the Center City. The company would take the entirety of the complex, which fronts Broad Street on the west bank of the Genesee River.

A timeline for the move was not immediately known. Once complete, Constellation would become one of the largest, if not the largest, downtown employer."

More here: https://www.democratandchronicle.com...DC-E-NLETTER65
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2021, 08:21 AM

5,799 posts, read 4,205,816 times
This is great news for downtown. I hope the employees are on board with the move. I'm courious, as this seems to be tied to the Aqueduct over the river.

The Sands family have always supported Rochester. Looking forward to the news conference.

https://www.whec.com/rochester-new-y...wMj1hCzv3UgdcI

Old 09-22-2021, 04:36 PM

6,652 posts, read 3,291,930 times
Could be interesting, for those 300 employees in finding places to park their cars.

Old 09-22-2021, 07:11 PM

5,799 posts, read 4,205,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Could be interesting, for those 300 employees in finding places to park their cars.
That's what I was thinking. There's not a garage nearby. Somehow, Lawyers Co op found places for their employees to park, so I'm sure they've go that figured out.

I remember being inside the building right on Main st with the arched windows (adjacent to the single building in the complex). It was the Columbia Savings Bank HQ, and that upstairs office was really cool. I think all of those brick buildings are about 200 years old. Lots of history, with the canal passing right through
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area