Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2022, 09:08 AM

93,164 posts, read 123,783,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Just splitting hairs here.

So where is this comprehensive effort? It ain't there. At least not seriously. People love forming "organizations", and feeling good about themselves.

Yes, I have offered solutions. I always offer solutions. geez.

BTW, you haven't even mentioned Hollywood, and video games, which both glorify the violence
No, I just think you confused the article as one touching on policy, when it is a simple lawsuit/legal issue. So, you can’t offer a solution(which wasn’t given), when you don’t know what the article/topic entails.

Again, I posted examples of organizations already doing the work. They are already a piece(key word) to the solution, whether one feels the action used is effective or not. Perhaps people need to join or back them versus criticizing them.

That last sentence also doesn’t make sense, as it doesn’t have anything to do with the actual topic in relation to the city or the case.

At least it is clear, more and more, that this is about political affiliation/ideology affirmation for you versus an actual understanding of the article/appropriate topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2022, 09:58 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,081,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
No, I just think you confused the article as one touching on policy, when it is a simple lawsuit/legal issue. So, you can’t offer a solution(which wasn’t given), when you don’t know what the article/topic entails.

Again, I posted examples of organizations already doing the work. They are already a piece(key word) to the solution, whether one feels the action used is effective or not. Perhaps people need to join or back them versus criticizing them.

That last sentence also doesn’t make sense, as it doesn’t have anything to do with the actual topic in relation to the city or the case.

At least it is clear, more and more, that this is about political affiliation/ideology affirmation for you versus an actual understanding of the article/appropriate topic.
The issue is there are too many illegal guns on the street.

My solution is to get serious, "peal the onion", to get to the source of the problem, and deal with the issue fundamentally, BEFORE it even becomes an issue.

Your solution is to wait until there is an issue, and pile taxpayer money into it. If the other organizations haven't fixed things, why would anyone believe this would?

Since you seem to be so obsessed with politics, call it what it is. There IS a differing in philosophy, and we are discussing a city problem. Who have been in charge of the city, police department, and school district?

You don't see these problems in the suburbs, other than Walmart.

Old 12-24-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
The issue is there are too many illegal guns on the street.

My solution is to get serious, "peal the onion", to get to the source of the problem, and deal with the issue fundamentally, BEFORE it even becomes an issue.

Your solution is to wait until there is an issue, and pile taxpayer money into it. If the other organizations haven't fixed things, why would anyone believe this would?

Since you seem to be so obsessed with politics, call it what it is. There IS a differing in philosophy, and we are discussing a city problem. Who have been in charge of the city, police department, and school district?

You don't see these problems in the suburbs, other than Walmart.
Again, give actual solutions then if you don’t like the action taken, not these loaded, code words.

I never said wait until there is an issue. Especially since it is an ongoing issue to some degree. Plus, I didn’t start the thread under a false pretense.

I didn’t mention politics or a political party like you did. So, given you don’t know your state rep according to a post in another thread, do you know who have been in those three positions?

How do you know that said organizations haven’t helped to prevent more issues than those that have already occurred?

Also, what does the subject of the article being a legal issue have to do with those organizations that play a different role in diminishing violence in the city.

Actually the suburbs have their own issues with drug abuse, which actually helps to fuel violence in cities. Let alone other forms of violence that can occur in suburbs like domestic violence.

Lastly, all of this is just a distraction from the fact that you either didn’t read or understand what the article was about or what was said in it. Plain and simple…

Old 12-24-2022, 11:34 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,081,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Again, give actual solutions then if you don’t like the action taken, not these loaded, code words.

I never said wait until there is an issue. Especially since it is an ongoing issue to some degree. Plus, I didn’t start the thread under a false pretense.

I didn’t mention politics or a political party like you did. So, given you don’t know your state rep according to a post in another thread, do you know who have been in those three positions?

How do you know that said organizations haven’t helped to prevent more issues than those that have already occurred?

Also, what does the subject of the article being a legal issue have to do with those organizations that play a different role in diminishing violence in the city.

Actually the suburbs have their own issues with drug abuse, which actually helps to fuel violence in cities. Let alone other forms of violence that can occur in suburbs like domestic violence.

Lastly, all of this is just a distraction from the fact that you either didn’t read or understand what the article was about or what was said in it. Plain and simple…
I don't know how many times I have to read articles for you, when it is you that never get's the point.

OK, here we go. Ready? Here is the solution to 95% of societal problems

1- Get an education

2-Get a job

3-Don't have children unless you intend to raise them

Taxes would be slashed. as there won't be a need for big government to fill every need. People can take care of themselves, and solve their own problems. Pretty simple.

Old 12-24-2022, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I don't know how many times I have to read articles for you, when it is you that never get's the point.

1- Get an education

2-Get a job

Taxes would be slashed. as there won't be a need for big government to fill every need. People can take care of themselves, and solve their own problems. Pretty simple.
Stop, as you are making yourself look bad. You didn’t know that the article isn’t about policy and is about a lawsuit, which is a legal issue. It isn’t even a “big government” issue, because policy isn’t involved.

What do those things have to do with the lawsuit or gun violence specifically as it is now? You can do all of those things and still shoot/kill someone. Ironically, the mass shooting in Buffalo, which was mentioned in the article by the way, is an example of this, in terms of “doing everything right” or coming from a “good home”.

Also, you obviously didn’t understand the mayor’s comments, as he would say the same thing and more are needed to reduce/end gun violence, but you still have to deal with reality as it is now. Hence his comment about using multiple methods, including legal methods, to address the violence.

Old 12-25-2022, 06:16 AM

6,409 posts, read 3,125,573 times
Quote:

1- Get an education

2-Get a job

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area