Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 03:03 PM

4 posts, read 13,123 times

Advertisements

Question: I did a little research yesterday on Pittsford and it does seem to be one of the wealthier towns in the area. So I'm puzzled by the long list of mobile home parks at the bottom of this web page (for Pittsford). Offhand, I wouldn't expect wealth and mobile homes to go together. Are mobile homes common in the Rochester area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2007, 05:59 AM

254 posts, read 1,057,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYonmymind View Post
Question: I did a little research yesterday on Pittsford and it does seem to be one of the wealthier towns in the area. So I'm puzzled by the long list of mobile home parks at the bottom of this web page (for Pittsford). Offhand, I wouldn't expect wealth and mobile homes to go together. Are mobile homes common in the Rochester area?
I've never seen a mobile home park in Pittsford..can you share the web address so I can check it out..I know Pittsford pretty well and would be VERY surprised. I don't know how common they are..there aren't any to my knowledge in Brighton but I know there are some in Canandaigua...

Old 01-16-2007, 02:02 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,584,448 times
I don't believe I've ever seen a trailer anywhere in Monroe County....at least not until you get out towards Brockport. Pittsford is like the least likely place in NY state (besides NYC obviously) I would expect to find a mobile home park.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkat View Post
I've never seen a mobile home park in Pittsford..can you share the web address so I can check it out..I know Pittsford pretty well and would be VERY surprised. I don't know how common they are..there aren't any to my knowledge in Brighton but I know there are some in Canandaigua...
Sure--the address is www.city-data.com/city/Pittsford-New-York.html. If you scroll about two thirds of the way down the page, past the list of schools, you'll see the list of mobile home parks.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:26 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,712,998 times
Thats a list of water stations. I don't know what that means but several trailer parks are listed at 1 address and the "areas served" lists out of state areas. I think it may be a company or something that serves different areas? I don't quite understand it because I havent seen a trailer park on kreag road.

Old 01-25-2007, 05:28 PM

Hmmn. I guess it just proves that you can't trust everything you see on the Internet. (Thanks to Mapquest, I've had to redirect several motorists who were under the impression that the Amtrak station is located on my street; it's all the way across town.) Thanks for answering my question, Garmin.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,684 times
there are 2 trailer parks on the pittsford- brighton - east rochester line around linden ave., part of pittsford school system

Old 01-24-2010, 11:42 AM

1,030 posts, read 3,078,373 times
the op goes back over 2 years...imagine they have moved on by now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area