Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 03:05 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoffy View Post
Rochester Metro, I would put as very calm place to live. Nothing to out of the ordinary happens and thats the way we like it. The most fickle thing about Rochester is its weather.

Pictures, I don't about anyone else but ill take some sometime soon.

I do not care about weather. Originally, i'm from Montreal, Canada. I'm looking for a place that's welcoming my familly.

I live in a wonderful Rochester suburb, Fairport, and visited Montreal last weekend. We had a great time, but I am sure you have found it much easier to park & drive around here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 08:36 PM

355 posts, read 2,369,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester-WNY View Post
Not to mention a beautiful downtown.

Wait, that is downtown Rochester? But, according to so many other posts I've read in the past months, downtown Rochester is a crime-ridden area, is it not? So many posters have said that the only thing you have downtown is nine-to-fivers and bums... so there is actually a downtown area that is walkable, where you can just stroll along, sit on a bench, have lunch, etc? If so, is there an agreed-upon limit between the good and the bad areas, or is it a mix of safe and unsafe areas all around?

Old 07-23-2008, 09:10 PM

260 posts, read 977,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgpg_99 View Post
Wait, that is downtown Rochester? But, according to so many other posts I've read in the past months, downtown Rochester is a crime-ridden area, is it not? So many posters have said that the only thing you have downtown is nine-to-fivers and bums... so there is actually a downtown area that is walkable, where you can just stroll along, sit on a bench, have lunch, etc? If so, is there an agreed-upon limit between the good and the bad areas, or is it a mix of safe and unsafe areas all around?
haha many people just look at numbers. Downtown Rochester is a beautiful! Only in certain areas there is crime. There is so much to do downtown its not even funny. And when people say our kids are bored. They should be kicked out of Rochester. 1-25 there is a lot of excitement downtown. Our nightlife is acutally booming. I can never find a freaking place to park!

I LOVE ROCHESTER!!!

Never is there a killing downtown. Downtown is safe. Be scared if your into drugs or is in a bad part of the hood.

Rochester is a great place and has so much to do. I am never bored at night or actually during the day. So many places to eat and shop.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:29 PM

116 posts, read 294,388 times
I live in a wonderful Rochester suburb, Fairport, and visited Montreal last weekend. We had a great time, but I am sure you have found it much easier to park & drive around here

I'm not living in Montreal anymore. My country is United States, this is where my family lives and does all my reference about Montreal was about the cold weather. I love United States, it is a country of references which's making you proud of yourself.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by rgpg_99

Could you tell me where in this planet you can't find any crime, whether you know ones do not hesitate to let me know. This is a moron question, Montreal where i'm from there are full of crimes: gang Vs gang, mafioso all kind of. My point i do not like when citizens start to manupilate negatively a situation because by doing that you disoriented people and you haven't do any positive thing or Service to motivate those who want to come and either one's who want to quit.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoffy View Post
Could you tell me where in this planet you can't find any crime, whether you know ones do not hesitate to let me know. This is a moron question

I've never been to Rochester myself, I was just referencing previous posts elsewhere in this fourm.

I'm not trying to compare places either. I just want to know about downtown Rochester. Thanks.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester-WNY View Post
Never is there a killing downtown. Downtown is safe. Be scared if your into drugs or is in a bad part of the hood.

Ok, so what would that "bad part of the hood" be? Is it an area delimited by certain streets, or located in a specific part of downtown? It would be useful to know so as to avoid those areas...

Old 07-23-2008, 11:18 PM

260 posts, read 977,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgpg_99 View Post
Ok, so what would that "bad part of the hood" be? Is it an area delimited by certain streets, or located in a specific part of downtown? It would be useful to know so as to avoid those areas...
Its actually pretty hard to find. The Rochester metro is very well taken care of. I would say 95% of it is very nice. You see, the sad thing about Rochester or good how ever you want to take it, our ghetto lets say has nothing that people in downtown or in the suburbs need. There is literally nothing there except if you live there. I have lived in east ave and area and then Fairport my whole life and never did I did to go in the bad neighborhoods because there was nothing there for me.

So if you wanted to come visit Rochester or its suburbs, its all expressways. No need to drive through them at all.

Oh yeah just so you know if you were to plan a visit, we are more cultural people, many nice museums and great history. Oh yeah go to the planetarium, it was the first of its kind.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:54 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Moderator cut: copyrighted image

^My home, the University of Rochester <3

Last edited by bellafinzi; 07-24-2008 at 08:28 PM..

Old 07-24-2008, 12:17 AM

Its actually pretty hard to find. The Rochester metro is very well taken care of. I would say 95% of it is very nice. You see, the sad thing about Rochester or good how ever you want to take it, our ghetto lets say has nothing that people in downtown or in the suburbs need. There is literally nothing there except if you live there. I have lived in east ave and area and then Fairport my whole life and never did I did to go in the bad neighborhoods because there was nothing there for me.

So if you wanted to come visit Rochester or its suburbs, its all expressways. No need to drive through them at all.

Oh yeah just so you know if you were to plan a visit, we are more cultural people, many nice museums and great history. Oh yeah go to the planetarium, it was the first of its kind.

[+] Rate this post positively
I'd like to visit Greece, North-west and Northeast areas may you give me some good ideas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area