Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2008, 12:08 PM

70 posts, read 211,676 times

Advertisements

I haven't and i was wondering if someone could describe the atmosphere(people) that frequent these places
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 12:53 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,717,534 times
Thirsty's is where many of the younger people in Pittsford go to drink if they aren't in the city. At least thats what it was like a couple years ago.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:19 PM

525 posts, read 1,827,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locest View Post
I haven't and i was wondering if someone could describe the atmosphere(people) that frequent these places
Pittsford Pub atmosphere is typical of an after-work happy hour scene whenever I've been there.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:52 AM

the reason i ask is because i was told that the type of people that go there are either women who are desperate looking gold diggers, hot yet snobish, conceited over 40 males who go to show off their trophy wife, or just out for a good time. Also that thirsty's is like a high school reunion from time to time

Old 09-18-2008, 11:32 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Quote:
the reason i ask is because i was told that the type of people that go there are either women who are desperate looking gold diggers, hot yet snobish, conceited over 40 males who go to show off their trophy wife, or just out for a good time. Also that thirsty's is like a high school reunion from time to time
LOL that is a really funny description

Ok Let's begin with Jo Jo's... It is more of an upscale dining place. A lot of people will go there for work. With a client, lunch/dinner meeting... that type of thing. Upscale/More POSH couples dinners... it is very nice/ higher end.

Pittsford Pub- might be more Cougar during the Happy Hour. It is a dressy Casual or JUST Casual PUB with a great Patio. Great food, good selection and price ranges. There is a huge age range at this bar. I don't hang out in the Bar end here. I go to eat. But I have seen the bar crowd and there is a range of cougars/JOE SHMOE and just people having a good time.

Thirsty's... It's a townie bar. I don't know how else to explain it. A lot of college kids from Naz and SJF who don't feel like driving downtown or don't have cars on campus. Highschool kids who know the bouncers and can get in. At holidays it is packed with local Pittsford kids who are back to visit family and meet up. It is the local Townie Bar. Nothing spectacular or anything to write home about.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
LOL that is a really funny description

Ok Let's begin with Jo Jo's... It is more of an upscale dining place. A lot of people will go there for work. With a client, lunch/dinner meeting... that type of thing. Upscale/More POSH couples dinners... it is very nice/ higher end.

Pittsford Pub- might be more Cougar during the Happy Hour. It is a dressy Casual or JUST Casual PUB with a great Patio. Great food, good selection and price ranges. There is a huge age range at this bar. I don't hang out in the Bar end here. I go to eat. But I have seen the bar crowd and there is a range of cougars/JOE SHMOE and just people having a good time.

Thirsty's... It's a townie bar. I don't know how else to explain it. A lot of college kids from Naz and SJF who don't feel like driving downtown or don't have cars on campus. Highschool kids who know the bouncers and can get in. At holidays it is packed with local Pittsford kids who are back to visit family and meet up. It is the local Townie Bar. Nothing spectacular or anything to write home about.
appreciate the info! Thanks

Old 09-19-2008, 11:54 AM

525 posts, read 1,827,897 times
Quote:
Well, that pretty much describes Pittsford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area