Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:09 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,677,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenChester View Post
Let me finish up your posting correctly:

BTW Today was a nice sun shiny and freezing cold day

Yesterday was a nice sun shiny and freezing cold day

Sunday was a nice sun shiny and freezing cold day

Saturday was a nice sun shiny and freezing cold day

Friday.... well I can't think back that far but I am pretty sure it was a nice sun shiny and freezing cold day as well

Rochester is boring. Sure it's more exciting than some blip on the radar town in Oklahoma, but really for a town of its size it ain't nothing special. Is comparing a metropolitan area of a million people the same as comparing a town with 3,500. I think not. What constitutes excitement in Rochester? Labatt Blue and Sabres hockey. I don't mind those things of course but please enlighten me as to why you all think Rochester is so exceptional. Enjoy the commute tomorrow.
This shows that you never attempted to actually go into the city of Rochester. There are countless festivals, music events, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, sports, outdoor activities, etc.
There are obviously many activities in the area which would be the opposite of boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 02:11 PM

51 posts, read 170,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
Rochester is no NYC, Boston, Washington, Chicago, San Francisco etc...
Thankfully.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:07 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,370,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Uno View Post
Thankfully.
Plus, it is easy to afford a nice home to live in around here (see above cities for contrast).

Old 01-28-2009, 06:44 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,534,656 times
agreed.....I like being able to own my own home. And being able to get almost anywhere I need to in 20 minutes or less. I was just using those cities as a reference for major cities that would have more "excitement"; but shouldn't be compared to Rochester because they are much larger.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:05 PM

79 posts, read 257,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
agreed.....I like being able to own my own home. And being able to get almost anywhere I need to in 20 minutes or less. I was just using those cities as a reference for major cities that would have more "excitement"; but shouldn't be compared to Rochester because they are much larger.
Wow! That's another thing that I miss about WNY...the short commute. My daily commute is about 1 hr. 15 min. each way here in Atlanta (some days more if it's rainy or the daily multiple car accidents that are common in Atl). It is amazing how we take little things for granted! I'd rather have a 20 - 30 minute commute and spend the rest of the time doing what's important - being with my family! Quality of life issues such as enjoying your loved ones matter so much more than gloomy days, cold, or snow.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:42 PM

6 posts, read 20,299 times
Very Well Said NYGIRL

Old 02-03-2009, 08:03 AM

20 posts, read 74,248 times
I love the city even with snow and freezing rains.It is as all have said the quality of life..just good enough to stay here...

Old 02-05-2009, 07:44 PM

34 posts, read 101,346 times
Everyone scared me when I was thinking of moving here saying you don't see the sun for 5 months - I've been here 2 days and it's been sunny both days. Plus there seems to be tons of things to do. I can't wait to explore.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:00 PM

3 posts, read 8,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE111691 View Post
Is Rochester Gloomy and Boring?
Absolutely. I've been here my entire 47 years. No downtown, no decent nightlife. Taxes high. Cold, and gray from November through April.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:18 PM

1,293 posts, read 4,975,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynortons View Post
Absolutely. I've been here my entire 47 years. No downtown, no decent nightlife. Taxes high. Cold, and gray from November through April.
I was downtown the other day I don't understand? I know people who have a nightlife in Lockport. Do you want more bars, clubs, restaurants, what? I type either bar, club or restaurant into Google and I get 100 results each.

And hey the taxes are high, but even with taxes my cost of living is still less than what it was down south.

If this is so bad for you, why not move? Its the people who complain about where they live that get me. Try moving elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area