Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 10:03 AM

1,293 posts, read 4,996,461 times

Advertisements

Another food thread.

Can include the bordering cities. But no chain restaurants (ie Starbucks, Tim Hortons or Dunkin Doughnuts).

I like Canal Town, over on East ave. Good coffee for a cheap price. They have a plethora of different types of coffee too. Pasteries etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 11:17 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,444,662 times
Boulder Coffee has two locations, the original on Alexander and one on Genesee St. It's super popular with UR students.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:38 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,864,824 times
I like a few of them for different reasons...

Fairport Village Coffee Shop in the Box Factory because of the cozy feel with sofas, arm chairs.... laid back feel... good cup of coffee and variety of desserts and sandwiches....music on weekends... great to meet friends or read the paper on the weekend morning....

Cibon on Park Ave... fun for dessert or night out with my husband. Change of pace when we want to get out without the kids- go out and have a FUN night... it is a NIGHT OUT coffee shop- higher end- not really laid back- more loud- serves wine/martinis too if I am not mistaking.... amazing chocolate desserts....

Oh... and I am just NOT a fan of Spin... something about it is not comfortable but more industrial and unwelcoming to me.... not really a place to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee. Not for me.....

Old 02-05-2009, 01:04 PM

504 posts, read 1,492,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Oh... and I am just NOT a fan of Spin... something about it is not comfortable but more industrial and unwelcoming to me.... not really a place to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee. Not for me.....
Which Spin are you talking about?

I like Starry Nites Cafe. Or Java's if I'm downtown.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrows View Post
Which Spin are you talking about?

I like Starry Nites Cafe. Or Java's if I'm downtown.
I am talking about Spin Caffe on Park Ave...not a fan....
http://www.spincaffe.com/

I love Java's and Starry Nites too.... another couple of my favorites....I would put Starry Nites ahead of Java's though- I like the intimate feel of it over Java's.....

Old 02-05-2009, 02:48 PM

578 posts, read 3,080,602 times
Starry Nights hands down. Great atmosphere, outside seating (not right now, haha), and a variety of entertaining events. Plus high end deserts. It would usually be my destination after eating dinner a few doors down at Edibles.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:29 PM

324 posts, read 862,369 times
starry nites is great....

Old 02-08-2009, 07:38 PM

15 posts, read 43,512 times
in chili on chili ave is a real nice coffee shop . Leaf and Bean, they have 40 different flavors of coffee . they always have 8 kinds to serve every day . check it out

Old 02-10-2009, 09:33 AM

525 posts, read 1,826,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerks View Post
in chili on chili ave is a real nice coffee shop . Leaf and Bean, they have 40 different flavors of coffee . they always have 8 kinds to serve every day . check it out
I second Leaf and Bean. It is in the Chili-Paul plaza...a little ways from the city but not further than Fairport.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochacha View Post
I second Leaf and Bean. It is in the Chili-Paul plaza...a little ways from the city but not further than Fairport.
OK.... you will see how EAST SIDE I really am... where is this Chili-Paul Plaza? I only know Cinemark out that way and a few Dr's offices in Chili. I can get around City/Greece really well but after that....I start moving more West and get out to Gate/Chili I am lost...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area