U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 11:50 AM

53 posts, read 235,980 times

Advertisements

We'll be house hunting soon, and I would like to know if anyone can recommend a top notch ASHI-certified home inspector. I want a really thorough inspection and detailed report, and I would like to make sure we get someone with very strong ethics and not necessarily just someone who is referred to us by our Realtor. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 08:47 AM

11 posts, read 36,544 times
I used a company called Pillar to Post to do my home inspection when I moved last Fall. They were recommended by my real estate agent as I had no knowledge of the area. I was very pleased with the job that they did and the materials that they left with us. I believe the price was about $400 because I had them do the radon test which I think added about another $150 to the price tag.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:07 AM

5,265 posts, read 15,310,551 times
I've heard good things about The Home Team as well.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:11 PM

Thanks you two! I appreciate the tips, and I'll add them to my list of inspectors to contact and interview!

Old 02-06-2009, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,152 times
You should also consider National Property Inspections. The owner is the president of the local chapter of ASHI. He is known for being thorough. You can get more information about them at Rochester, New York NY: Home Inspection and Commercial Building Inspector.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:47 PM

21 posts, read 61,594 times
I've just got into real estate a few months ago and so far I've used two different inspectors and the one i like the most is
Warren Engineering in East Rochester
585-385-4766
Very thorough and informative
and if you don't have a Realtor yet I represent Buyers and would be interested to hear about your situation and see if i can help you
If your all set good luck you've picked a good time to buy.

all the best

Old 02-07-2009, 06:29 AM

Thanks Tom and Dusty! I am grateful for the help. We were connected with a Realtor about nine months ago when we started the recruiting process and were brought out to Rochester for the first time, so we are set there.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:48 PM

2,903 posts, read 11,447,476 times
I can very much recommend Dwellsure Home inspections. That is the business name for home inspector Mike Mullen.

Mike does an excellent job. He is honest, ethical and both ASHI and NOSHI certified. He also tests for radon, if desired. He is listed in the ASHI website, and has his own website....you can do a google of his business name.

Mike specializes in the Rochester area. I have known Mike for over 20 years, and have used him for my own home buying experiences. I personally would not use anyone other then Mike for my home inspections.

Respectfully, Frank D.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:58 AM

9 posts, read 35,992 times
We moved to Canandaigua recently. We used Paul Clingerman #1 on list below.

Had radon and all and it was $300 total and he took HOURS about 4 to do it on site, plus the report later. A very nice guy too.

We backed out of the deal in large part because of issues with mold that the seller wouldn't allow a more thorough inspection of by mold experts (seller was an attorney who was really inflexible...he actually didn't believe we meant it when we said, see-ya; we were the 2nd prospective buyers to walk as it turned out). Rochester's not that far and I have had many home inspections over the years; this was by far the best and most thorough.

The others #2 and #3 were also highly recommended by Nothnagle realtors here.

[SIZE=2]1. Eagle Home Inspections, Paul Clingerman, 585-924-5944[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]2. Guardian Home Inspections, Jack Kamann, 585-527-8040[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]3. Building Specs, they are all good, 585-233-3330[/SIZE]

Good luck.

JoaniB

Old 02-08-2009, 09:06 AM

169 posts, read 437,120 times
I have used Warren Engineering on severval purchases and have been well-served by them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or