Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 03:54 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,675,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Garmin, that photo of the bridge is great... I have not been to that park... thanks for sharing....

The Mall really is sad isn't it? I think it would really thrive as an outlet mall....
Yea, lots of people don't know it exists. Hidden away. Very popular with mountain bikers. Connects with Ellison park if you go in far enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
it is VERY coincidental that this made its premier today; because I got an email from my sister today with a link for picture thread for Rochester in ANOTHER forum today that had some stunning pictures of the city;

Rochester, N.Y. *Gallery* - SkyscraperCity

If you go pretty far down, there is one picture of a bus downtown. If you look at the top of the picture there seems to be a guy flying in the air. WTF

Old 02-07-2009, 04:00 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,829,217 times
http://b.imagehost.org/0374/r4s.jpg (broken link)
This one? LOL haha

Old 02-07-2009, 04:00 PM

1,293 posts, read 4,974,596 times
Quote:
it is VERY coincidental that this made its premier today; because I got an email from my sister today with a link for picture thread for Rochester in ANOTHER forum today that had some stunning pictures of the city;

Rochester, N.Y. *Gallery* - SkyscraperCity
Nice find, so lets out-do them! It won't let me add to your rep anymore lol.

Thanks guys for the comments! I forget what its called, the hill with the reservoir and antennas offers the best shot of Rochester. +rep to anyone with a early spring or fall shot of the city!

Old 02-07-2009, 04:05 PM

oh wait, its just a billboard or something.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:33 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,532,772 times
I love the beauty and variety of those old homes in the city, when all of the kids are out of the house so schools aren't an issue anymore, its our dream to buy one of those nice old gems in the city.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:02 PM

260 posts, read 974,313 times
Quote:
I love the beauty and variety of those old homes in the city, when all of the kids are out of the house so schools aren't an issue anymore, its our dream to buy one of those nice old gems in the city.
She is surely beautiful... Rochester and Buffalo are down right gorgeous!

Old 02-09-2009, 04:15 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,070,143 times
Can I be the first to say, "They just don't build them like they use to!!!" do they!!!!!! The architecture in Rochester is stunning and hopefully will always be cherished and maintained

I LOVEEEEEEEE old buildings and these pictures tell why...thanks to all and informed, your link is as fabulous.....

And as for Buffalo, I believe it's architectuere is in the tops for Art Deco buildings in the country......

Old 02-09-2009, 04:33 PM

1,293 posts, read 4,974,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownusa View Post
Can I be the first to say, "They just don't build them like they use to!!!" do they!!!!!! The architecture in Rochester is stunning and hopefully will always be cherished and maintained

I LOVEEEEEEEE old buildings and these pictures tell why...thanks to all and informed, your link is as fabulous.....

And as for Buffalo, I believe it's architectuere is in the tops for Art Deco buildings in the country......
They definetely don't build them like they used to. All the detail and sculptures that went along with the art deco area, you just don't see that anymore. Even the old houses, the cement and lath builders used to use, that is a long lost art.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:35 AM

20 posts, read 74,240 times
very beautiful pictures of rochester taken in exotic summer I guess.Very good job.I have some nice pictures too of the lilac festival will put it soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area