U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 04:09 PM

6,224 posts, read 14,707,261 times

Advertisements

Zweigle's white hots are now sold at Harris Teeter supermarket in the Raleigh/Durham/Cary area in North Carolina.

YESSSS!

A Former Rochesterian living in North Carolina
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 12:20 PM

8,162 posts, read 13,663,436 times
Back in long island and stopped at a hot dog truck. Sorry guys but Rochester can't come close to a Sabbrett with mustard and sauerkraut!!!

Old 03-17-2010, 04:39 PM

200 posts, read 549,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Back in long island and stopped at a hot dog truck. Sorry guys but Rochester can't come close to a Sabbrett with mustard and sauerkraut!!!
Sabbretts with mustard and sauerkraut? Definitely good, but have you had a Zweigles white hot, sauerkraut, Spicy Brown Mustard, and Swiss Cheese? That's a damn fine dog. I'll give you Sabbretts reds over Zweigles reds, but man, I'd take a Saint Bernard over any red any day.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron4040 View Post
Sabbretts with mustard and sauerkraut? Definitely good, but have you had a Zweigles white hot, sauerkraut, Spicy Brown Mustard, and Swiss Cheese? That's a damn fine dog. I'll give you Sabbretts reds over Zweigles reds, but man, I'd take a Saint Bernard over any red any day.
If you ever tried a Sabbrett from a truck you'd have a different opinion. I have had a Zweigles white and red and the white was good,and similiar to a brat and it was much better than the Z red but still no comparison to a Sabbrett. As for swiss cheese,it never adds a good flavor to anything, it actually dulls the taste of most foods.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:15 AM

13,132 posts, read 6,887,595 times
Wonder how it would taste with pepperjack cheese

Old 03-24-2010, 07:29 AM

14 posts, read 32,955 times
Never had any Zeigiles (probably spelled wrong) since moving to Rochester nor a Nath. hot dog.

However, I had a Chicago dog based out of Chicago and that was probably the best hot dog I ever had. We had one place in Maine for it and I would drive an hr away just to get to it.

I won't say the ones in Rochester are not better or worst the same with NYC but I can never locate these hot dogs in Rochester.

I have gone to 4 different Wal-marts in 3 different counties yet still have not found these Zeigiles. Where do they hid these world famous Rochester dogs?

Old 03-24-2010, 07:40 AM

1,607 posts, read 2,857,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike081983 View Post
Never had any Zeigiles (probably spelled wrong) since moving to Rochester nor a Nath. hot dog.

However, I had a Chicago dog based out of Chicago and that was probably the best hot dog I ever had. We had one place in Maine for it and I would drive an hr away just to get to it.

I won't say the ones in Rochester are not better or worst the same with NYC but I can never locate these hot dogs in Rochester.

I have gone to 4 different Wal-marts in 3 different counties yet still have not found these Zeigiles. Where do they hid these world famous Rochester dogs?
Tops and Wegmans. Kinda pricey, but we used to stock up when they were on sale. Kind of a Rochester delicacy, like the char broil chain in Buffalo I'll never remember the name of. I like Zweigle's with spicy brown or horseradish mustard, onions, ketchup, etc. Webber's mustard out of Buffalo is good, too, in fact Sam's carries it in bulk (down here, even).

Old 03-24-2010, 10:24 AM

1,293 posts, read 4,486,312 times
On a side note, you can get Salens hot dogs and lunch meat at Tops now. Former Buffalonian living in Rochester.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:48 AM

466 posts, read 871,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
If you ever tried a Sabbrett from a truck you'd have a different opinion. I have had a Zweigles white and red and the white was good,and similiar to a brat and it was much better than the Z red but still no comparison to a Sabbrett. As for swiss cheese,it never adds a good flavor to anything, it actually dulls the taste of most foods.
Are you really serious? I had a Sabrett in the way you suggest and they are mediocre hot dogs, at best.

Zweigles are so superior in every way, it's really not even close. It's not even my Rochester bias. I put Hoffman's right up there with Zweigles too. Either is several notches above a Sabrett.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colton821 View Post
Are you really serious? I had a Sabrett in the way you suggest and they are mediocre hot dogs, at best.

Zweigles are so superior in every way, it's really not even close. It's not even my Rochester bias. I put Hoffman's right up there with Zweigles too. Either is several notches above a Sabrett.
You're way off. You probably bought Sabretts at a supermarket. Not the same as from a hot dog truck. Zweigles red and whites can't hold a candle. I have travelled all over the states and out of the country including Germany and still a Long Island and NYC Sabrett truck hot dog puts them all to shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area