U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-29-2009, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,162 posts, read 13,790,974 times
Reputation: 2506

Advertisements

I lived in NYC when I was a kid then moved out to Long Island.In October me and the family moved to the western suburban area.Now heres your test....tell me the BEST place to get a chicken cutlet hero and a chicken cutlet parmigiana hero.For all who are misinformed---places that put chicken fingers on a roll and call it a cutlet hero,or sandwich are wrong. Also whether you call it a hero,hoagie,sub,grinder...all the same. OK people hook me up!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-30-2009, 08:01 AM
 
525 posts, read 1,698,574 times
Reputation: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I lived in NYC when I was a kid then moved out to Long Island.In October me and the family moved to the western suburban area.Now heres your test....tell me the BEST place to get a chicken cutlet hero and a chicken cutlet parmigiana hero.For all who are misinformed---places that put chicken fingers on a roll and call it a cutlet hero,or sandwich are wrong. Also whether you call it a hero,hoagie,sub,grinder...all the same. OK people hook me up!
The best Chicken Cutlet type hero I've had, if I understand what you are looking for correctly, is several years ago from a little lunch cart in the middle of Victor. I don't remember his name, but it was something very Italian. He was doing it in his retirement back then I think, so I have no idea if he is still there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2009, 11:40 AM
 
5,721 posts, read 5,831,814 times
Reputation: 3614
A true Italian family makes their own! The best I've had came from my Nonna.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2009, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,162 posts, read 13,790,974 times
Reputation: 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
A true Italian family makes their own! The best I've had came from my Nonna.
Where is nonna?Also alot of true italian families open delis and italian restaurants.A "really good" deli is usually where you can find a good chicken cutlet hero (but a restaurant usually only makes the parm.).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2009, 01:33 PM
 
3,234 posts, read 7,977,660 times
Reputation: 2745
try Ciacci's in Greece on Dewey. Palermos on Culver in the city/irondequoit.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2009, 11:40 PM
 
5,721 posts, read 5,831,814 times
Reputation: 3614
Nonna lives in Albany. She just celebrated her 75th birthday. She has been an American citizen for 48 years but it hasn't really kicked in yet. She votes in elections and is active in the local church, but thinks CDs are a fad and records will eventually reign supreme. She wore black for 10 years after Nonno's death per Italian tradition. Her hair is permanently the darkish shade of black dye. Her fake Christmas tree comes from the 1960s. The family baptismal gown (that she made) and family crib date back to 1958. And her chicken cutlet is the most amazing in the world.

Italian families ruin you for Italian restaurants.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2009, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,162 posts, read 13,790,974 times
Reputation: 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Nonna lives in Albany. She just celebrated her 75th birthday. She has been an American citizen for 48 years but it hasn't really kicked in yet. She votes in elections and is active in the local church, but thinks CDs are a fad and records will eventually reign supreme. She wore black for 10 years after Nonno's death per Italian tradition. Her hair is permanently the darkish shade of black dye. Her fake Christmas tree comes from the 1960s. The family baptismal gown (that she made) and family crib date back to 1958. And her chicken cutlet is the most amazing in the world.

Italian families ruin you for Italian restaurants.
Yes,alot of times.
I'm originally from Queens,ny and my parent the bronx,wife brooklyn. 2 words------GOOD FOOD!!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2009, 08:52 AM
 
525 posts, read 1,698,574 times
Reputation: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochacha View Post
The best Chicken Cutlet type hero I've had, if I understand what you are looking for correctly, is several years ago from a little lunch cart in the middle of Victor. I don't remember his name, but it was something very Italian. He was doing it in his retirement back then I think, so I have no idea if he is still there.
Found it! http://www.victorny.org/directory/se...l2.aspx?ID=353
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top