Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 02:20 PM

53 posts, read 250,266 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have an experience with and/or opinion of Raymour & Flanigan's furniture? I am wondering about quality/durability and customer service. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 02:30 PM

1,293 posts, read 4,998,613 times
I have never heard anything bad about them. When we bought our bed that was one of the places we shopped around at. We ended up buying at Ashleys across the st. There are a bunch of furniture stores near the Marketplace mall. I liked the selection at Ashleys better than R&F.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:33 AM

525 posts, read 1,827,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewifeandkids View Post
Does anyone have an experience with and/or opinion of Raymour & Flanigan's furniture? I am wondering about quality/durability and customer service. Thanks!
Raymour and Flanagan is among the more expensive places, but I think the quality and durability are above average. I still have low-end furniture from there from 10 years ago that I haven't had to touch in terms of repairs, which I cannot say about higher-end stuff I have from Ashley's and one of the bedding stores I cannot remember the name of.

Also, the customer service is great, and you can usually negotiate discounts if you are buying large quantities.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:53 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
We bought a sofa from there years ago. It was pretty low quality and their prices were moderate. They wouldn't be my first choice.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:38 PM

34 posts, read 222,268 times
I had a service problem in the past with them. KEEp your receipts. They did not honor my service plan I paid which was for 5 years because I lost my receipt in a move.
I did recently purchase alot of items there recently for a 3200 sq ft home. I purchased from them again because they are above average quality and had a unreal financing program! I am paying until 2013 interest free-no hooks or built up interest on the 5 year special. They will try to talk you out of any specials after you agree to buy, stick to your guns if that's what you want. I haggled a better price too because I started off telling the saleswoman I was only interested in 1 peice. Then I asked her for a better deal if I bought 2 and so on. It worked and I saved a lot of $.
I pay a payment monthly using their money. I set my payment on automatic monthly online just in case. I got fantastic furniture for every room and we carefully looked at the quality and durability. We bought another 5 year warranty and it covers alot. I just didn't want to spend triple the price for a better name store. My opinion is most furniture is disposable after 3-7 years and youll prob be bored by then and want a change anyway. Why spend crazy money for something that is a bit better made if its gone anyway.
My opinion is be smart and think of what quality you need.More durability if kids use it ,etc. If your interested in showing off the name brand -don't buy there unless you want to brag about being average. They got great looking pieces.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:18 PM

1 posts, read 9,570 times
They practiced an illegal classic bait, and switch technique with me. I was a customer of theirs for 20 years. They ruined it all that day. It was very very stupid of them to do it. I was very tempted to call the police.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:16 AM

1,293 posts, read 4,998,613 times
Maybe it was good we didn't buy our bed there. We liked what Ashleys had better, most of their stuff is still solid 100% wood and I thought they had a better selection. Nothing American made though.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:16 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,544 times
I have had better experiences at Ruby Gordon's in Henrietta.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:58 AM

53 posts, read 250,266 times
Thanks everyone. I was wondering what you all think are the "best" stores for really good quality furniture. I think we'll probably mix and match some stuff and/or furnish some rooms with "higher end" stuff than others, as one of you suggested matching the furniture to its usage (i.e., for kids, etc.). For instance, living room and dining room might be higher end, while family room might be more average...? The hub wants to buy everything from Thomas Moser, but I've already set him back in reality about what's affordable and what's really NOT! LOL. Good grief. :-)

Old 04-06-2009, 02:38 PM

131 posts, read 792,900 times
Default Furniture

You might want to head over to the Eastview Mall in Victor when you have time--there are several furniture stores there in close proximity to one another. They have Ethan Allen, Raymour & Flanigan, Viking and Stickley, Audi together just outside the main mall building, and then within the mall is Arhaus. My sister-in-law and her husband get a lot of their furniture at Arhaus although I have never done so. Viking tends to have more "modern" pieces while Ethan Allen is more "traditional." Stickley is wonderful for the Mission-style furniture, if you like that.

We bought some bookshelves from Viking which are very nice and which were not ridiculously expensive (although some of their other furniture is quite pricey.) I have to admit that we bought a lot of furniture for our living room from Stickley, but that was a big splurge for us, and only possible because we moved from a more expensive area to a less expensive one, and had some money left over from our house sale :-) That said, I absolutely love it.

We bought a dresser for our son's room from R&F and are pleased with it. It's solid wood and was made in America. The service & delivery were fine, we had no problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
View detailed profiles of: