Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:52 AM

525 posts, read 1,827,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Chicken and Artichoke are the only two things I am aware of.... my two fav places are Shamrock Jacks and Proietti's..... You have to have the RIGHT amount of sauce for me... don't skimp... you skimp and I am offended.... lol
I've seen haddock and veal french too. All are very good when made right. Unfortunately, most places have it on the menu just to say they have it, even though it isn't very good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 08:23 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
I had it Grandpa Sam's an it was okay but the problem is that it's an easy dish that most places in Rochester screw up.All it is is egg battered chicken in a white wine sauce with lemon.Marsala would be with a burgundy wine.This is one of the dishes in long island that is on every Italian menu but like I said before it is sold as Chicken Francaise instead of Chicken French.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:12 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Chicken French is an ITALIAN dish..... Rochester is a very ITALIAN City. Perhaps different Italian Families make it differently... that is all I can think of.... every family has their own recipe... MAKES SENSE.... I know my family has their own FAMILY RECIPES for certain dishes..... I'm just sayin'....

Old 04-22-2009, 04:18 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,590,132 times
Hmm that dosnt make sense Chicken French Itialian?

Old 04-22-2009, 06:27 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Chicken French

Old 04-22-2009, 06:52 PM

259 posts, read 798,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMD67 View Post
That is so funny! I LOVE ,LOVE Chicken French and didn't realize that it was so centralized to Rochester?
I can't find it anywhere very often where we live and when we come home I usually try to have some from Proietti's in Webster! it is FANTASTIC!!!
There was also a place in Charlotte many years ago that made really great Chicken French and artichokes French!
Where in Charlotte did you get Chicken French and Artichokes French? I'm from Rochester but have moved to Charlotte and haven't had a one since!! Yum... another reminder of the good food left behind!!! Thanks!

Old 04-22-2009, 08:39 PM

525 posts, read 1,827,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingdown View Post
Where in Charlotte did you get Chicken French and Artichokes French? I'm from Rochester but have moved to Charlotte and haven't had a one since!! Yum... another reminder of the good food left behind!!! Thanks!
I think the poster is talking about Charlotte the neighborhood in the city and you are talking about Charlotte NC, but if I am wrong then Mr. Dominics in Charlotte has very good "French"

Old 04-22-2009, 09:23 PM

1,820 posts, read 4,492,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochacha View Post
I think the poster is talking about Charlotte the neighborhood in the city and you are talking about Charlotte NC, but if I am wrong then Mr. Dominics in Charlotte has very good "French"
LOL yes,sorry, I am talking about the neighborhood near Lake Ontario in NY.. so sorry.
Well, Mr.Dominics is good too,but this place was called (I think,it was like 12 years ago) Colleen's? it was very,very good!

Old 04-22-2009, 11:02 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
I'll give you all a little lesson. If you want a real good one it's simple. Pound out some cutlets, dip them in egg wash(eggs and milk),then flour and then egg wash again. Let them sit in the fridge for about 30-40 minutes(it will be a mess). Take white wine in a medium high pan and add lemon juice (butter not essential) and add 2 cutlets at a time turning when mildly browned. Remove the two add a little more lemon and wine.You might have to remove the fried remains left over so it doesn't burn but if you do this right it will be better then most of the local places.Give it a try and get back to me.I've been eating it in long island as chicken francaise for over 20 years.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:31 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,590,132 times
Ok in doing a little homework I found these. Neither Italian nor FrenchI still don't get it! ie the love affair with this in Rochester this is my question

Decoding Chicken French old-site - The Experimental Kitchen (and ...

Urban Dictionary: Chicken French

I do like the pickup line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area