Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 04:24 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,092,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoaKine View Post
Ok in doing a little homework I found these. Neither Italian nor FrenchI still don't get it! ie the love affair with this in Rochester this is my question

Decoding Chicken French old-site - The Experimental Kitchen (and ...

Urban Dictionary: Chicken French

I do like the pickup line
If you're going to do it right look up Chicken Francaise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 05:24 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,576,886 times
according to the link i posted thats a cheap copy but its only a google search

Old 04-23-2009, 06:08 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,838,089 times
Quote:
according to the link i posted thats a cheap copy but its only a google search
LOL....haha it is Rochester vs Downstate it is looking like.... haha kinda funny actually.... what else is new? Even with chicken!

Old 04-24-2009, 06:22 AM

I think we have gotten a little side tracked here. Im just wondering why Rochester is in love with chicken french? Not how... not where its from.... just why? when theres so many other things to do with chicken..

after we figure this out then lobster french????? why would you do tha to a lobster?

Old 04-24-2009, 06:50 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,838,089 times
Quote:
I think we have gotten a little side tracked here. Im just wondering why Rochester is in love with chicken french? Not how... not where its from.... just why? when theres so many other things to do with chicken..

after we figure this out then lobster french????? why would you do tha to a lobster?
WHEN DONE RIGHT.... it just tastes good....

Old 04-29-2009, 12:39 PM

13 posts, read 99,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I came from long island just over 6 months ago and was born in NYC and lived there for a long time. Chicken French is a variation of Chicken Francaise without the fancy same.
I Just moved to NYC from Rochester and everytime I ask for Chicken French they look at me like I am from another planet! LOL but honestly I havent found a place yet that makes it half as good as Rochester!

Old 04-29-2009, 12:48 PM

You will be hard pressed to find a place to make it at all the further you travel away the harder it will be

Old 07-01-2009, 02:44 PM

1,820 posts, read 4,480,427 times
hate to bring this thread to the front again,but I just have to say......

We were in Rochester visiting our family all last week,what a GREAT week weather wise we had there!!
Went to Ontario Beach Park and although you can't swim (no surprise with that one!) it was beautiful there! they were getting ready for the Harbor Fest and it seems a little more attractive these days with flowers,etc... my girls loved the carousel and we had a wonderful time.

This thread isn't about that though-is it? It is about the "French" way of cooking chicken,artichokes,etc... and I just had to say that we were very lucky to go out with family one of the nights to one of our all time fav.spots-Proietti's (Webster) .I had a craving for their chicken french of which I got and it was FABULOUS! but we also got artichokes french and OMG,they were incredible!! I wonder if they ship it???
It was a great dinner,a great time and all the more reason to stay in Rochester if you can
(Okay-I get it,food shouldn't be a reason to want to stay,but honestly-wow!) that and the half moon cookies from good old Wegman's is enough to keep us there! hehehehe....

Old 07-03-2009, 07:17 PM

259 posts, read 795,421 times
We moved from Rochester to SC two years ago and are happy but definitely miss our friends and the food available there!!

I had never eaten Chicken French until I moved to Rochester almost 40 years ago. Yum...

But, Rochester also has other great food you can't find too easily elsewhere. What a treasure Foxes Deli is.. I would just about kill for a bowl of their mish mosh soup! Their rye bread.... their brownies... their corned beef...

Actually I am looking for any bread that has a crust on it! A sub from Dibella's.. a philly cheesesteak on their "everything" roll... Ah....

Pontillo's white pizza... do you believe a white pizza in the south is made with riccotta cheese? The best pizza we have found is from a food court inside a mall!

Dim sum in Win-Jeff plaza.... we are lucky there are some decent Asian food places around here, but we have to travel 45 minutes to get to a somewhat decent dim sum... haven't tried it yet!

Good hot dogs... red only here and awful!

Chocolate crinkle cookies from Brad's cookie nook...

I could go on! Enjoy the food there and I will enjoy the lack of snow and ice here!! But I am still hungry for the tastes of Rochester!!

Old 07-03-2009, 07:56 PM

1,820 posts, read 4,480,427 times
funny about the bread with crust on it! we haven't lived in Rochester for almost 13 years now and we always say that. We have recently relocated again,in a suburb of PA that actually has a pretty strong Italian heritage and we can find some decent breads,etc...

You are right though,there are certain foods that say "Rochester" and they are missed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area