U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-26-2009, 09:59 AM
pty
 
1 posts, read 2,490 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Just had it a Pasta Villa--I would go back again today for more..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-26-2009, 06:38 PM
 
87 posts, read 85,258 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pty View Post
Just had it a Pasta Villa--I would go back again today for more..

They recently got written up by the department of health for a laundry list of health code violations. YUCK!

  • Potentially hazardous foods are not cooled by an approved method where the food temperature can be reduced from 120oF to 70oF or less within two hours and 70oF to 45oF within four hours. (corrected immediately)
    (1 occurrence)
  • Accurate thermometers not available or used to evaluate refrigerated or heated storage temperatures
    (1 occurrence)
  • Non-food contact surfaces and equipment are improperly designed, constructed, installed, maintained (equipment not readily accessible for cleaning, surface not smooth finish)
    (1 occurrence)
  • Non food contact surfaces of equipment not clean
    (1 occurrence)
  • Floors, walls, ceilings, not smooth, properly constructed, in disrepair, dirty surfaces
    (2 occurrences)
  • Lighting and ventilation inadequate, fixtures not shielded, dirty ventilation hoods, ductwork, filters, exhaust fans
    (1 occurrence)
  • Effective measures not used to control entrance (rodent-, insect-proof contruction). Harborage areas available for rodents, insects and other vermin
    (1 occurrence)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 07:38 PM
 
5,721 posts, read 5,754,734 times
Reputation: 3613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad231 View Post
They recently got written up by the department of health for a laundry list of health code violations. YUCK!

  • Potentially hazardous foods are not cooled by an approved method where the food temperature can be reduced from 120oF to 70oF or less within two hours and 70oF to 45oF within four hours. (corrected immediately)
    (1 occurrence)
  • Accurate thermometers not available or used to evaluate refrigerated or heated storage temperatures
    (1 occurrence)
  • Non-food contact surfaces and equipment are improperly designed, constructed, installed, maintained (equipment not readily accessible for cleaning, surface not smooth finish)
    (1 occurrence)
  • Non food contact surfaces of equipment not clean
    (1 occurrence)
  • Floors, walls, ceilings, not smooth, properly constructed, in disrepair, dirty surfaces
    (2 occurrences)
  • Lighting and ventilation inadequate, fixtures not shielded, dirty ventilation hoods, ductwork, filters, exhaust fans
    (1 occurrence)
  • Effective measures not used to control entrance (rodent-, insect-proof contruction). Harborage areas available for rodents, insects and other vermin
    (1 occurrence)
Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Debbie Downer
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 11:58 PM
 
Location: Rochester, NY
1,293 posts, read 4,484,263 times
Reputation: 361
Any inspector will always find something wrong, always.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2009, 12:36 AM
 
5,721 posts, read 5,754,734 times
Reputation: 3613
Can someone actually tell me what Chicken French is? Never had it (shockingly!)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2009, 07:31 AM
 
Location: Was in Western New York but now in Hilo Hawaii
1,234 posts, read 4,264,164 times
Reputation: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Can someone actually tell me what Chicken French is? Never had it (shockingly!)

Here I hope this helps

Marie's Chicken French - 43269 - Recipezaar

Chicken French recipe | Recipes @ RecipeLand.com

Here is some history to this food!

French cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

French cuisine is a style of cooking originating from the nation of France. .... minced and seasoned flesh of tastier birds, like goose or chicken. .... The term nouvelle cuisine has been used many times in the history of French cuisine ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_cuisine - Cached - Similar

The Food Timeline--history notes: charlotte to hush puppies

The history of this item seems to have begin with the famous French chef Careme, ..... In the case of lean meats such as turkey and chicken, cranberries add ...
The Food Timeline--history notes: charlotte to hush puppies - Cached
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2009, 08:21 AM
 
87 posts, read 85,258 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese9988 View Post
Any inspector will always find something wrong, always.

That must be it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2009, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Rochester, NY
1,293 posts, read 4,484,263 times
Reputation: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad231 View Post
That must be it.
Yes. It is just about impossible to not have a non-compliance during an audit. This goes for every industry. As a quality manager would put it, the auditor is not doing his job if he doesn't find anything. The auditor can always find something wrong. I have been through many audits myself, and have helped others go through them. With my industry, we have minor and major non compliances. The major non compliances are what you don't want. Those may require us going through records and notifying customers that their product could be affected. Minors can be fixed quickly, and we just need to show proof that we fixed them. We could have three different auditors come through and each will find something wrong. It is the nature of the quality system, there is no such thing as perfect.

The findings state that there were no accurate thermometers available, this does not mean that there we no thermometers. This could simply mean that they were not calibrated to a NIST traceable source, as the department of health requires. Does surfaces not clean mean that they didn't bleach the surface after cutting meat, maybe some lettuce still on the surface, maybe a cook was a little lazy the night before? Entirely to vague. Most of these violations have to do with the structure of the building itself. How old is the building? The violations you listed, do not state that contaminated food was found.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2009, 10:30 AM
 
87 posts, read 85,258 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese9988 View Post
Yes. It is just about impossible to not have a non-compliance during an audit. This goes for every industry. As a quality manager would put it, the auditor is not doing his job if he doesn't find anything. The auditor can always find something wrong. I have been through many audits myself, and have helped others go through them. With my industry, we have minor and major non compliances. The major non compliances are what you don't want. Those may require us going through records and notifying customers that their product could be affected. Minors can be fixed quickly, and we just need to show proof that we fixed them. We could have three different auditors come through and each will find something wrong. It is the nature of the quality system, there is no such thing as perfect.

The findings state that there were no accurate thermometers available, this does not mean that there we no thermometers. This could simply mean that they were not calibrated to a NIST traceable source, as the department of health requires. Does surfaces not clean mean that they didn't bleach the surface after cutting meat, maybe some lettuce still on the surface, maybe a cook was a little lazy the night before? Entirely to vague. Most of these violations have to do with the structure of the building itself. How old is the building? The violations you listed, do not state that contaminated food was found.


Or maybe the kitchen is filthy as the original owner is no longer running the show and the current management takes no pride in a clean kitchen. Every restaurant inspected is not cited for health code violations. This one was.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2009, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Was in Western New York but now in Hilo Hawaii
1,234 posts, read 4,264,164 times
Reputation: 452
Or maybe we can talk about "Chicken French" and not about dirty kitchens and audits.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:52 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top