Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 08:25 AM

4 posts, read 15,544 times

Advertisements

So my birthday is coming up at the end of the month and I get to choose the restaurant for my birthday dinner. Yay!!!

I have been totally unsatisfied with seafood in any restaurant in the Rochester area. I usually buy from Wegmans and cook it myself.

Can anyone give me the name of the best seafood restaurant in Rochester?

I know it's a challenge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 02:40 PM

525 posts, read 1,827,603 times
In Rochester may be a stretch, but I vote for Conesus Inn.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:43 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,628 times
Shamrock Jacks is pretty good... in Charlotte- next to Sea Breeze. More casual... They do a lot of stuffed fish/seafood and steaks. They have a lovely dining area and a bar on the opposite side.. if you call for reservations ask to sit in the Library- it is my favorite room and quieter.

There is that place on the North /East side of Webster... on the lake. Is it Hedges? I cannot remember the name of it... Anyone know what I am talking about? A tad on the fancy side of the spectrum... There is a lovely garden/patio area outside for drinks in the warmer parts of the year... it has nice views of the lake. Surf and Turf.... I went for a dinner with my parents and it was very tasty- the decor is a bit dated but the food was great.

FOUND IT:http://www.hedgesninemilepoint.com/

Edibles Restaurant on University always has a couple to three offerings of seafood dishes... it is my absolute favorite restaurant in all of Rochester.... great food, presented beautifuly and a nice selection of wines. A cozy little bar/seating area.... Call for reservations....

There is also Bonefish Grill at Eastview.... I have never been but I have heard great things.

Last edited by skbs; 11-18-2009 at 11:00 AM..

Old 11-18-2009, 04:46 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Shamrock Jacks is pretty good... in Charlotte- next to Sea Breeze. More casual... They do a lot of stuffed fish/seafood and steaks. They have a lovely dining area and a bar on the opposite side.. if you call for reservations ask to sit in the Library- it is my favorite room and quieter.

There is that place on the North /East side of Webster... on the lake. Is it Hedges? I cannot remember the name of it... Anyone know what I am talking about? A tad on the fancy side of the spectrum... There is a lovely garden/patio area outside for drinks in the warmer parts of the year... it has nice views of the lake. Surf and Turf.... I went for a dinner with my parents and it was very tasty- the decor is a bit dated but the food was great.

FOUND IT:Hedges Restaurant

Edibles Restaurant on University always has a couple to three offerings of seafood dishes... it is my absolute favorite restaurant in all of Rochester.... great food, presented beautifuly and a nice selection of wines. A cozy little bar/seating area.... Call for reservations....

There is also Bonefish Grill at Eastview.... I have never been but I have heard great things.
I went to Bonefish Grill for my birthday this year & would highly recommend it! If you go on a weekend, be sure to make reservations.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:27 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,447,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
I went to Bonefish Grill for my birthday this year & would highly recommend it! If you go on a weekend, be sure to make reservations.
Bonefish, while a chain, is excellent.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:

I forgot about Bonefish. I would say Bonefish over Conesus.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:33 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,589,484 times
It's a sad day when a chain restaurant wins for the best seafood !

Old 11-28-2009, 08:10 PM

99 posts, read 288,594 times
Good luck with Bonefish for reservations. I have attempted to do that and they don't accept them, you can wait in the bar or eat at the bar or stand on your head if you like but I refuse to patronize a place that won't accept reservations. Apparently your time is not worth that much to them.

I go to Las Vegas for good seafood at a reasonable price, otherwise, you can't beat cooking it at home. The other option and what I recommend if not cooking at home is good clam sauce at your favorite Italian joint. IMHO

Old 11-29-2009, 06:49 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayrat View Post
Good luck with Bonefish for reservations. I have attempted to do that and they don't accept them, you can wait in the bar or eat at the bar or stand on your head if you like but I refuse to patronize a place that won't accept reservations. Apparently your time is not worth that much to them.

I go to Las Vegas for good seafood at a reasonable price, otherwise, you can't beat cooking it at home. The other option and what I recommend if not cooking at home is good clam sauce at your favorite Italian joint. IMHO
Ok either I am really out of touch with the dining establishments in our area- or do you actually get on a plane and go to Vegas for dinner? LOL... do we have a restaurant called Las Vegas????

Old 11-30-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Ok either I am really out of touch with the dining establishments in our area- or do you actually get on a plane and go to Vegas for dinner? LOL... do we have a restaurant called Las Vegas????
The trick is that you have to time the leave just before you start feeling hungry, or you are starving by the time you get there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area