Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 04:18 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times

Advertisements

One wonders just how many really "smart" (as in book smart, not necessarily wise smart, and, yes, I know more than a few that matriculated at Harvard that have the former but not the latter) people, including you, there are in your area that think that of their fellow citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 04:23 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,191,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Something that folks seem to keep missing in the original post. The OP has problems with the people, is somehow superior to them, and has nothing in common with them wherever she finds herself. That, to me, says that the problem is not with the locale, but closer to home.

Sorry horses arse...oops lady. I have never said I had a prob with the people. EVER...I know you have continued to read because you have continued to post. I have said I had the conundrum of possibly going TOO small or trying to go too SIMPLE.... I have REPEATED NUMEROUS times that I LOVE MY NEIGHBORS TO NO END and their attitudes are what drew me from Houston. If you can't follow what you remark upon?????

Sorry you need to post that YOU feel that I have a superiority complex. You continue to even respond when I say that it is MY conundrum. Not my beloved townspeople. So shame on you for inciting that anger...take it to Florida I guess. I just don't have it darlin.'

And as a p.s Have you move from TX to a small Northern town or are you speculating without knowledge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living