Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 04:42 PM
dez dez started this thread

1 posts, read 32,226 times

Advertisements

warm climate within reason. had enough of winter since i was born in pa. and lived there until 2 yrs ago. now in ca. great weather here but traffic sucks and prices are sick. willing to move anywhere in the country since i trade stocks from home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 05:04 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
Why not move to Mexico? It's really cheap there, and definitely warm.
If you really want to stay in the U.S., and all you care about is a warm climate and lower cost of living, I would consider South Carolina, Georgia, and Texas.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:52 AM

606 posts, read 698,620 times
how about New mexico?

Old 04-10-2007, 08:12 AM

44 posts, read 42,005 times
Mexico is a poor country.A very poor country.Live there could be horrible.
Just think for a moment.The cheapest land in U.S?
In my opinion Montana.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:21 AM

1,025 posts, read 4,094,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dez View Post
warm climate within reason. had enough of winter since i was born in pa. and lived there until 2 yrs ago. now in ca. great weather here but traffic sucks and prices are sick. willing to move anywhere in the country since i trade stocks from home.
Check out small towns in central Alabama or Mississippi. Read a few threads in those state forums.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:22 AM

606 posts, read 698,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilator_ View Post
Mexico is a poor country.A very poor country.Live there could be horrible.
Just think for a moment.The cheapest land in U.S?
In my opinion Montana.

the houses in Montana are not affordable at all

Old 04-10-2007, 07:44 PM

653 posts, read 3,407,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksburg View Post
the houses in Montana are not affordable at all
This is true--somewhat caused by the exodus of those from Ca. I suggest New Mexico, possibly Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma as well!!

Old 04-10-2007, 07:51 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
Quote:
Check out Texas, especially around the Tyler or Dallas areas. Very reasonable as far as housing. Property taxes are a bit higher, but you can get an amazing home around $150k. You can actually go down in price and still get something very nice. Good Luck!

Old 04-10-2007, 07:53 PM

322 posts, read 1,234,385 times
It may get cold up here, but if you're staying inside, North Dakota is an option. We bought a 2700 sq. ft. ranch home, (big and NICE) lots of outbuildings, HUGE semi size garage, quonset, etc..etc.. on a 17 acre farm for $67,000. You want cheap housing with a nice house and lots of land, ND is the place to get it if you can suck up the cold for the winter. The further North you go the cheaper the housing/land/farms. Worth a look!

Old 04-10-2007, 08:02 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,514,922 times
Quote:
I have lived in NY, GA, NM, AZ, MO, FL
The cheapest place in my opinion to live is MO, KS or OK. Land is cheep compared to the coast. As far as climate, gets real cold, then real hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living