U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 02:47 PM

1,775 posts, read 1,063,290 times

Advertisements

checkout Staten island, ny parts are more city like and other parts tend to be more small town like, I know historic richmond town as some very old buildings and is as close to old school small town that you can find. That and the area known as tottenville has some parts that feel like small town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 12:30 PM

41,478 posts, read 52,550,376 times
Anyplace with the Gilmore Girls would be OK with me.

FWIW - I think SH was based on a small town in southwest Connecticut.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:35 PM

3,072 posts, read 5,140,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I live out in the boonies but I have one neighbor who has made it his mission to know as much about me as he can (including coming onto my property when I'm not at home, going on-line to see if I've paid my property taxes, and stopping people leaving my place to ask them why they were here). That's just one person; if I had a whole town doing that to some degree or another, I'd probably go postal.
That's just insane.

I'd have gone postal already, at the very least pursued a harassment case, either criminal or civil - whichever would apply.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:17 PM

10,942 posts, read 8,926,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
That's just insane.

I'd have gone postal already, at the very least pursued a harassment case, either criminal or civil - whichever would apply.
Trust me - it has been eight years of hell, starting on the very first day the kids and I started moving in. I could write a book on the eight years of intrusions into my life; those few instances I related in my previous post aren't even the tip of the iceberg.

I've thought about talking to a lawyer about it but I figured it would ultimately come down to my word against his, although there were some instances of witnesses. I have saved some messages left on my answering machine.

But the eight year nightmare is about to come to an end - they have sold their place and the U-Haul is literally sitting in their driveway as I type this.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:19 PM

3,072 posts, read 5,140,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Trust me - it has been eight years of hell, starting on the very first day the kids and I started moving in. I could write a book on the eight years of intrusions into my life; those few instances I related in my previous post aren't even the tip of the iceberg.

I've thought about talking to a lawyer about it but I figured it would ultimately come down to my word against his, although there were some instances of witnesses. I have saved some messages left on my answering machine.

But the eight year nightmare is about to come to an end - they have sold their place and the U-Haul is literally sitting in their driveway as I type this.
Excellent news. Enjoy living in peace once this nutball becomes someone else's problem.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:39 PM

10,942 posts, read 8,926,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
Excellent news. Enjoy living in peace once this nutball becomes someone else's problem.
Thank you. I am actually looking forward to the next chapter (of peace) of my life.

Last edited by Cinebar; 12-03-2013 at 03:09 PM..

Old 12-03-2013, 02:39 PM

4,844 posts, read 9,926,740 times
OP: So are you still moving to MA or was your thread in the MA forums just a feeler to see if there's a Stars Hollow in MA?

Old 08-08-2014, 11:43 PM

5 posts, read 5,757 times
I live in Port Townsend, WA, and we call it Stars Hollow. It is cute, historic, small, no crime, very family oriented, and everyone knows every one else. It is also a little clique-ish and very difficult to find work. On a grand scale it is not expensive, but it is comparable to Seattle, which is high for the Olympic Peninsula.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living