Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 04:19 PM

947 posts, read 3,571,872 times

Advertisements

For me, I don't mind a small town... population is no concern to me, big or small....Ive lived in a small southern town of 1500, a northeast college town along the cost of 30,000 residents plus 20K college students and an upper mid west plains town of 14,000.....I currently live in a town of 2200.

As long as the town has a grocery store and decent tv/internet/phone availabilty, Im happy. When I move to a small town, it's specifically because I have a job....a smaller town generally has a lower cost of living and lower crime with a better quality of life, and thats whats important to me. Most smaller towns Ive been too have nice areas on the edge of town to walk my dog as well.

I just adapt to whatever situation I'm in and make the best of it... I'm single, with one dog.. and dont own much nor do I plan to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,564 times
Does anyone know where on this site that you can put in info about what type of area you're interested in moving to and a list will appear of different cities that match your info? I am looking into moving to a small town with a country feel, that has diversity, warm weather, job opportunities (school counselor) etc. I have lived in Ca my whole life and definately want to get out of the state and away from the city feel to a more country feel....does anyone know any good places???

Old 10-19-2008, 05:58 PM

947 posts, read 3,571,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey_w View Post
Does anyone know where on this site that you can put in info about what type of area you're interested in moving to and a list will appear of different cities that match your info? I am looking into moving to a small town with a country feel, that has diversity, warm weather, job opportunities (school counselor) etc. I have lived in Ca my whole life and definately want to get out of the state and away from the city feel to a more country feel....does anyone know any good places???
This is the site you're looking for:

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

It will ask you a bunch of questions, everything from weather, to activities, jobs, climate.. and what you like/dont like in relation to all that

It takes a few minutes to complete and once you do, it spits out about 24 different places...

Last edited by Yac; 09-10-2018 at 06:38 AM..

Old 10-21-2008, 07:10 AM

69 posts, read 344,518 times
Funny, I just took that survey to find my spot and the number one place was the town where I went to college (which is not even in the state where I currently live-haven't been back there in 15 years!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living