Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 07:17 AM

3,497 posts, read 2,656,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLoveLaugh View Post
Do you agree? Disagree....thoughts?
I’m proud not having to live in rural America, I did it once, never again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 08:22 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,401,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor0101 View Post
I do not understand why "gun control" immediately invokes the government taking guns away. It means keeping additional guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them.
Why you don't understand is government lies. Medicare and social security started out as not means tested yet now they are. The gov takes on step with limits but those limits disappear over time. I think some liberals worship the government that is how they help people not by volunteering their time and money preferring the gov force all to pay. See they know what is best for the use of other peoples money or so they think

Old 11-21-2016, 08:54 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,992,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I never understood that from the rural right, actually right in general. I personally am against abortions-so therefore I will neither perform one, nor have one, nor have my female loved ones have one.
I'm not comfortable with same-sex weddings, so I most likely will not have one, nor will I attend one.

Why do so many feel the need to dictate their 1950 moral BS on others. The right loves to yap about how they are so set against Big Government and it's intrusion-except when it's snoopin in everyone's bedrooms, or trying to force their Ward Cleaver morals on the world-then big government is just fine.
Bedroom morals are a big to do, but boardroom morals don't concern them. Odd bunch
." snoopin in everyone's bedrooms "...

???????

Nice use of liberal talking points, however I doubt doctors perform abortions in bedrooms or wedding are performed in bedrooms,

Old 11-21-2016, 11:34 AM

45,333 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor0101 View Post
I do not understand why "gun control" immediately invokes the government taking guns away. It means keeping additional guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them.
Because every single "common sense" proposal punishes the law abiding while doing absolutely nothing to keep firearms out of the hands of the lawless.

That's why. Couple that with the stated goal of the gun control groups to eventually ban and then confiscate all firearms in civilian hands, a person who's paying attention can figure it out.

Old 11-21-2016, 01:26 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,821,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
I don't know how tiny of an area you are calling .........
'some areas where I live ".........but looking at an election result map, from the Canadian border to the Iowa border............every single rural county bordering North Dakota and South Dakota went RED .

And that is going 4 deep counties from the borders eastward
not true:

https://hammer.ucla.edu/fileadmin/me...hrisHoward.jpg

Old 11-21-2016, 02:40 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Thank the people who formed this country that we don't. Want to be dictated to by 5 states? If we went that route, those 5 states would be who the candidates cared about, anyone NOT living in the other 45 would suffer...You REALLY want it that way?
But, hey, you still get two Senators!

Old 11-21-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
really?

when I type in a search.............Minnesota election results .....a Minnesota map with all the counties shows that MY statement is true..........

Old 11-21-2016, 06:53 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
Yup, every other single wide had a Trump banner in front. If only they interviewed those folks, I bet they would generate plenty of brain pearls for a comedy and a horror movie. I've talked to.some, it was surreal, perrenial ignorance wrapped into gullible retardation and sprinkled with bigotry and masochism, plenty to be proud of.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
I don't know how tiny of an area you are calling .........
'some areas where I live ".........but looking at an election result map, from the Canadian border to the Iowa border............every single rural county bordering North Dakota and South Dakota went RED .

And that is going 4 deep counties from the borders eastward
If anyone wants to challenge my post with a....."not true".........please list any county in that group I mentioned that Trump did not win.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Yup, every other single wide had a Trump banner in front. If only they interviewed those folks, I bet they would generate plenty of brain pearls for a comedy and a horror movie. I've talked to.some, it was surreal, perrenial ignorance wrapped into gullible retardation and sprinkled with bigotry and masochism, plenty to be proud of.
you seem to feel YOUR vote should count for more than someone living in a trailer house.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living