Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2022, 10:12 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,691,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paiste13 View Post
This is weird
Weird, and manipulative taking advantage of the churchgoers’ assumptions that you want to actually worship with them and/or befriend them.

The items listed are like a business transaction, not a social one.

One real advantage of living near predominantly religious people is that crime rate will probably be low. No guarantee, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2022, 08:15 AM

6,569 posts, read 4,962,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip-Squeak View Post

- Ambulance/Air Medical Transport.It's $5 a month and we are solely flown via helicopter. No ambulance. IMAGINE THAT
Having a heart attack? You will be at the hospital MUCH faster. It's $5 a month for us both to join their membership program for free rides. One way into the town is so dangerous they do not want the ambulance driving that road so just went to 100% air transport.

I am very interested in that! Do you recommend one company over another?

Do they fly you in state or will they go anywhere?

One of the areas I'm looking at is near a state line so that's another thing to research - medical care in the second state and probably insurance for that too.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:26 AM

746 posts, read 493,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Weird, and manipulative taking advantage of the churchgoers’ assumptions that you want to actually worship with them and/or befriend them.

The items listed are like a business transaction, not a social one.

One real advantage of living near predominantly religious people is that crime rate will probably be low. No guarantee, though.
There is no manipulation, what in the world? We have many spouses that attend church as a favor to their wives. Actually, overall, they enjoy church and some attend EVEN WITHOUT their spouses, it's rare but sometimes it happens.

No one said they are "worshiping" with us. Where did you get that crazy idea that unbelievers are worshipping at all?

Worshipping is for CHRISTIANS. They are not worshipping with us, nor pretending to worship.

They usually sing with us, yes. Some enjoy it, some maybe just follow along

Who cares? you are awfully judgmental

They are our close friends, both the believers and the unbelievers. These couples have many close friends in church, including the pastor and his wife. We all camp together, share meals together, help one another out, survive together, etc. This is an off grid town. In small towns, there are SMALL churches. Everyone knows everyone and everything about each other. There isn't much to do. The few spouses that don't attend have even shown up to bring food items in excess to share. No transaction, it's just kindness. There is no pretending/manipulation. Spouses only benefit by being involved with their wives and attending church, they could get saved. If not, the social aspect, comroddery, close circle of influence, support system, etc.. Everyone needs friends. 1 Corinthians 7:14

Last edited by Pip-Squeak; 11-27-2022 at 08:46 AM..

Old 11-27-2022, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post

One of the areas I'm looking at is near a state line so that's another thing to research - medical care in the second state and probably insurance for that too.
We own two houses we go in between. Both home area's are covered thru this network yet it covers many states so it might work for you. So you may pay one price and get coverage many miles or even in different states at once.

https://www.airmedcarenetwork.com/ai...e-area-pricing

Old 11-27-2022, 08:35 AM

Quote:

I just remembered. My neighbor told me you can pay more per month to get flown back home. For example, ;et's say you have coverage in two different states where you own two different homes

Last edited by Pip-Squeak; 11-27-2022 at 08:45 AM..

Old 11-27-2022, 08:47 AM

6,569 posts, read 4,962,654 times
Quote:
We own two houses we go in between. Both home area's are covered thru this network yet it covers many states so it might work for you. So you may pay one price and get coverage many miles or even in different states at once.

https://www.airmedcarenetwork.com/ai...e-area-pricing
Quote:
I just remembered. My neighbor told me you can pay more per month to get flown back home. For example, ;et's say you have coverage in two different states where you own two different homes

Thank you!

Old 11-27-2022, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paiste13 View Post
This is weird
Not at all, see my other post. You are very judgmental

Old 11-27-2022, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Thank you!
You're welcome. Eventually we'll move to our off grid house full time. Home is 75-80% completed due to lack of funds we aren't there yet. We do stay there
There are no ground ambulances so the peace of mind living there out in the boondocks to be flown to arrive at a hospital rickety split is fantastic

Old 12-22-2022, 02:18 PM

565 posts, read 470,434 times
My ancestors moved here 160 years ago so I guess I don't have to worry about it now.

Old 12-23-2022, 05:16 PM

373 posts, read 377,251 times
"No one said they are "worshiping" with us. Where did you get that crazy idea that unbelievers are worshipping at all?

Worshipping is for CHRISTIANS. They are not worshipping with us, nor pretending to worship."

I think the person protesting this may not be familiar with Christian churches, and doesn't realize that this (people attending church services without being believers, but for other reasons) is a pretty common dynamic. My brother-in-law has gone to church weekly with his Catholic wife for fifty years without ever being inclined to become Catholic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living