Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 05:00 PM

46 posts, read 152,514 times

Advertisements

Want to know what your Top 3 choices for Small Town (Pop. 2700 to 6000) living in Tennessee and why!!!!
Thanks so much for you input!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 08:14 PM

Thanks everyone for the private messages.. I am to visit each of these towns this weekend.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:55 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Is Bucksnort a small town? All I've seen is the sign while driving through. What a name!

Old 02-24-2010, 02:21 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,185,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Is Bucksnort a small town? All I've seen is the sign while driving through. What a name!
Yup, it's real. (So is Skinem.)

Drsknneymoon, have you posted this in the Tennessee forum? I expect you'd get a boatload of answers there.

What part of Tennessee are you looking in? The state is awfully long, and is really 3 distinctly defined different areas...western TN, Middle TN and Eastern TN. Each is different in looks and feel.

How'd your visit go this last weekend...and what towns did you see?

Old 02-24-2010, 03:35 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
I spent 90 days in that state Spring 06 and like the eastern part best. Out on roads like the draggon, but more secluded roads, as sick twisted sister or worse than that cream puff Dragon. I found one other road near there, that when I laid the bike down in a tight turn I could see the back of my own self ahead in the next turn!

I might have this town's name wrong, but I think it is Mary'sville where there is a taco joint to kill for, and they had a few cold beers there too.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:34 PM

Mac_Muz--yup, there's a Marysville.

There's one or two good roads in TN for a good bike ride...

Old 02-24-2010, 06:55 PM

I guess, some of those roads made me want wings... Not too sure if the wings would have been better on me or the bike.

skinem roughly where are you located in the 3 stated areas? I enter from Arkansas, so went from west to east, thence back to the west middle, Cumberland Gap area a while. Went to manskers staion, Bledso Park for Voo (Buck Skinner's Voo) Hit another station I forget the name of in the corner of Va. Wondered all around in the park there, and into Kentucky.

Out east we stayed in a TVA camp ground at Greenback, and tinkered everywhere that looked good and some places that didn't. I rode Puff the Magic dragon 3 times both ways. Went to Pigion Forge and bought new boots twice. The first time i could see my toes in the boots I left home in, and then across the street I found the boots I wanted for years! reel mule ear stove pipe boots 18 inches tall! I had vibrum soles added for mc use, but they sit on a shelf off the floor and get dusted a lot as of late.

back in the middle I hit a road that was heaven, but I don't recall the name of the place. The area was older and one place was set up as if it were in the 1750's complete with a cabin and a 2 stockade barn, the kind that look like 2 log cabins with a cabin space between but one long roof to cover both and the center space. Man that place was 'IT' if you ask me, they had live stock a cold summer kitchen with a brook, lock stock and barrel place. I even left a note on the door since I raised hell and no one came to kill me.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:18 PM

Located in southern Middle Tennessee about 90 miles straight south of Nashville, about 10 miles above Alabama. Nearest US Highway is highway 64...runs pretty much the length of the state.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:21 AM

Yes, liked the Franklin, Tn area the best. Not the small town I was wanting, but I really liked the looks of the rural areas around it.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Located in southern Middle Tennessee about 90 miles straight south of Nashville, about 10 miles above Alabama. Nearest US Highway is highway 64...runs pretty much the length of the state.
I guess Lynchburg is as close as i got. Went to see how to make whiskey. Just east of you went up and down the valley there some too. It was in early Spring but the kudsu was beginning to get green. I have a odd sort of reason to like that plant, but i wouldn't like it if I had to see what it does ever day. I am willing to bet money you don't care for it much, unless it creates earnings for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living