Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:51 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,950,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Ouch, that one cut deep...deep down in my itty-bitty heart. What next, you going to take your preppy scarf off and beat me with it? Maybe throw your BlackBerry at me?

It's almost priceless when I put my four-ways on for a good half mile, stop, and some idiot behind me gets all bent up because he was tailgating so close, he has to back up to go around. Common sense here people...

I drive a bucket and derrick truck. I deal with these idiots daily. Especially when a storm hits and the power goes out. We'll go into an upscale neighborhood and the first thing that happens when we get out of the truck to actually help people is an earfull of b*tchness. Hey, I'm given a ten page list of problems, I can fix them in any order I want. You "could" have had power tonight but don't look for it for about a week now. Trick-or-treat

We pull up a week later and they are PRIME! Makes me feel good...
Don't forget the part about going home after work to the trailer court, kicking the dog and smackin' the ol' lady around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 05:23 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,053,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Don't forget the part about going home after work to the trailer court, kicking the dog and smackin' the ol' lady around.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:41 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,892,623 times

One wrong move and I take out a small city costing millions in lost revenue a minute or blow up random multi-million dollar equipment ...and al i get iz $3 an hour...i ben fiteing for dat der minamum wage but me boss says i just aren't worth that much

Maybees i shoult gets me one of that there high paying cubicle jobs i been hearing aboust....

Old 07-25-2009, 05:41 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,814,013 times
Quote:
AND we can't pull in driveways because if we crack the pavement, $$$$$$ cost for the company.
If the weight of your rig "cracks the pavement", then the homeowner has a substandard surface. And that 'aint your company's problem. Unless you're saying that as you drive your rig down the roadway, you're leaving cracked pavement behind you?

Old 07-25-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:

One wrong move and I take out a small city costing millions in lost revenue a minute or blow up random multi-million dollar equipment ...and al i get iz $3 an hour...i ben fiteing for dat der minamum wage but me boss says i just aren't worth that much

Maybees i shoult gets me one of that there high paying cubicle jobs i been hear aboust....
You are not the only lineman walking the street and in your first post you did not indicate that that was your occupation...from all indications thus far,you must be related to the BM or someone at the hall to have got your job,because you don't seem to have the same amount of sense of pride of craftsmanship or the intelligence of the countless utility workers I have known throughout my life and worked with.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
If the weight of your rig "cracks the pavement", then the homeowner has a substandard surface. And that 'aint your company's problem. Unless you're saying that as you drive your rig down the roadway, you're leaving cracked pavement behind you?
I do know what he is saying there...he could of worded it better if he had been capable.

If you have to access ROW(right of way) and go onto a customers driveway that is substandard,the company is liable for repairs to the property,but if it's on ROW,the company is not liable.Customers DO complain.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
You are not the only lineman walking the street and in your first post you did not indicate that that was your occupation...from all indications thus far,you must be related to the BM or someone at the hall to have got your job,because you don't seem to have the same amount of sense of pride of craftsmanship or the intelligence of the countless utility workers I have known throughout my life and worked with.

I'm sorry, silly me for trying to stay on topic in the first post. What was I thinking

You have to be a little quicker than that to work shotgun with me...to many idiots almost getting my butt killed out there.

We're not aloud to pull in paved drives period because even if we pull in 4ft, the customer can come back with that crack 50ft up their drive wasn't there before. And I'm not about to get out and take a picture everytime I want to turn around in or utilize a drive. But then again, any real lineman knows those little things...

Last edited by HansProof; 07-25-2009 at 06:24 PM..

Old 07-25-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I drive a a big heavy truck also, and we're aloud to block a lain of traffic all we want.

We can't pull off into the grass because we run the chance of some liberal spazz going off because we ruined their yard. AND we can't pull in driveways because if we crack the pavement, $$$$$$ cost for the company.

I've put my blinkers on and stopped to the horns of many and all they've got was a middle finger from me. Hahaha...

Your city laws don't mean crap around here.

THIS was your first post...seems arrogant AND stupid,but I guess you were on topic tho'
Quote:
I'm sorry, silly me for trying to stay on topic in the first post. What was I thinking

You have to be a little quicker than that to work shotgun with me...to many idiots almost getting my butt killed out there.
It doesn't appear so

I do know exactly what it's like to have a line/derrick truck beside the road or a directional drill or plow rig and I know that traffic is the most likely cause of death when you are working around the road and not the equip or utility.

I also worked customer liason for a bit between a contractor/client utility company and customers and I know exactly what you are talking about on complaints...I had to authorize replacement of things as small as a rose bush all the way up to complete driveways where hydralic fluid leaked on customer premises.

Like I said,you could of worded your first post better.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
You are not the only lineman walking the street...
Clever wording there...almost makes it seem like you are a lineman.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Clever wording there...almost makes it seem like you are a lineman.
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers - Local 702 – Home

We own our own place right now and hopefully it'll go and I won't have to fool with the road anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living