Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 02:21 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
I pay $40 a year for a PObox that I just ingore LOL worth every penny to have it

Nope Have no idea what happens to the mail in it ..

Many, many, MANY places will not accept a PO Box these days for a "legal" address - you have to have a physical address too.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 02:24 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Put up a mailbox and then come along with the biggest, meanest baseball bat you can find and "destory" it. I have seen main boxes that have been baseball batted, backed over, etc., laying in the ground for YEARS around here and nobody gives them a second look or thought.

This way you would not be "breaking the rules" but your mailbox would not be useable either. The perfect solution.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-10-2009, 03:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Not accepting mail can put you at risk when it comes to mailed legal documents.
Yes.many laws sate last known maiing address anand certified mail. After that many thing happen under those laws.Even judgements.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:52 PM

737 posts, read 1,036,805 times
Now f you owned a really big billy goat.... you could use that old homework excuse...slightly modified.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:03 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,189,652 times
I'm sure by this page (6?) this has been answered--no way on God's green earth do you have to have a mailbox or any kind of box.
I've even lived without a PO box--went for a couple of years with a "General Delivery" address--that way they held onto my mail until I came in and asked for it. No one made me do that either, I just wanted to be able to get some of those...whattaya call it...oh, yes, letters...those things people used to write.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,930 times
I recently purchased a home with a mail box located at the front door. Apparently once a home is purchased or goes through major renovation (I'd like to see the government define "major renovation") the new owner is responsibe for installing a curb side mail box within 30 days. What kind of garbage is that? The USPS delivers a minimum of 90 percent junk mail to my current residence and they are paid to do this. And they want me to pay for the storage tool for their crap. Good luck, I'll just head down once a month and pick up my handful of letters or bill statements for places that haven't gone paperless or autopay yet. Seriously, they should be paying us for even accepting all that trash we have to weed through. Waste of time which is money, waste of fuel which is natural resouces and it just adds to the pollution and trash problem that all the liberal green people cry about. Green Peace and the ACLU, get together and do something useful for a change. The world wouid be a better place and I think we could actually get more than a majority to agree on something.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:12 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,076,154 times
There have never been any home mail delivery in this older suburban town http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrett_Park,_Maryland . In all its 114-year old history, all the residents have preferred going to the post office - they say it helps them to socialize.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:07 AM

833 posts, read 1,714,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Many, many, MANY places will not accept a PO Box these days for a "legal" address - you have to have a physical address too.

20yrsinBranson

??????????????

I have moved here ( Ozarks in Arkansas ) 6 months ago and have a PO Box.
ALL my mail gets delivered there and I have decided not to put a mailbox up ( the previous owner had one and took it with him )

Yes, some places want to know where I live ( tax office, internet provider, water company, electric company ) however, the bills are all mailed to my post office box.

They want to know where ( physical location ) their services are going but couldn't care less if you recieve mail there or not.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:45 AM

30,525 posts, read 16,222,191 times
Not sure why you think it's the PO's fault. They don't create it, they just deliver it.

Some places require you to have a po box. There is no roadside mail delivery. And there is a list thing you can go on to eliminate all the junk mail.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:11 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,752,718 times
I read somewhere that Carmel doesnt have post boxes , dont any of you have letterboxes in your doors like we do.. http://www.thedoorplace.com/latestne...erbox/2012/03/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living